Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

LONG Family Vacation! (Part 1)

On Saturday evening at 9:00, Dave and I left for our BIG family vacation! We get to spend time with lots of family and friends (many who have never met Brody) along the way, as well as celebrate our 6th anniversary by attending 3 Cardinals baseball games! YAY!!! Then, this coming Friday, we are having a going away party for my sister, Liz, who is going back to Japan for 3-4 more years. So sad, but so exciting! She LOVES it over there and can't wait to get back home! =) Dave and I are so thankful that we get to spend 8 WHOLE DAYS together with each other, and with Brody!!! YAY!!!


Dave got to visit his best friend, Ryan, while we were in Oklahoma. Ryan and his wife Whitney are so funny, and we love getting together with them when we are in town. I know they would really like for us to move to Oklahoma where we could see each other more often....


Brody LOVED Ryan--especially his beard!!

Grandpa with Brody....

Granny reading to Brody....one of his favorite pasttimes!


We ACTUALLY got to eat as a FAMILY several meals! How exciting!!! Wish we could do that more often!!!


Granny and Grandpa had SO MUCH FUN with Brody--they had a smile on their faces the ENTIRE time we were there (and lots of giggles to boot!)! =)


Brody smiles and laughs at the songs on this music table almost every time! So cute to watch...you can't help but smile yourself!


Not the clearest picure, but cute, nonetheless! Brody's starting to look like a little boy these days...could be the clothes I dress him in though! LOVE putting him in those polos!!



One of our 3 stops on the way to Tulsa--only a 55 minute drive from Chandler!!!


Brody had so much fun playing with Kynlee and Kylan! It worked out especially well that Kynlee had the same music table Brody has....he knew EXACTLY what to do! =) He also got to play in her Jumperoo and exersaucer...... FUN!


So we learned that Brody isn't shy when it comes to kids and babies....he was pulling all over Kynlee!


Such a big boy!


Beautiful Kynlee! (Even with the bruise and boo-boo on her eye.....) She is one of the sweetest little babies I have ever met! So calm and content and laid-back.


Brody bulldozed Kynlee out of the way to get this bottle...so funny to watch them "race" to it! I am going to have to teach Brody that he needs to treat the ladies better in the future.... =)


Kylan is so SMART! (Doesn't he look so studious in this picture??) He knew where to go to play games on the internet....what a handsome little guy!


Terra, Chris, and Kylan....Kynlee was asleep (she went RIGHT DOWN...I will NOT be jealous of that....No, I will NOT! LOL!) This family is as genuine as they are beautiful! We had so much fun visiting with them!! (Terra, thank you for being SO FORGIVING towards me--I am STILL HORRIFIED and EMBARASSED at my very, very clumsy entrance....don't know how I will EVER make it up to you!!!)


Little family pic...


Terra and I with our babies...the last time we saw each other was in 2001 at college...my how things change in 8 years! =)


One of the 3 stops on the way to Rolla....I guess 4 hours CAN be a little long for an 8 month old.... One of the few smiles we saw that whole drive!!

We are now in St. Louis, but had many more stops along the way....more pics will be posted SOON! THANKS, LIZ, FOR LETTING ME BORROW YOUR COMPUTER!!!! =)

No comments: