I went to Norton's Art Gallery on March 26 to take pictures of Brody in his Easter outfit (which I LOVE by the way). It was a BEAUTIFUL spring day with temps in the 80's! Since he's been walking he hasn't been to this park, so as you can see, he REALLY enjoyed exploring everything!!! And, as you can see, I REALLY enjoyed photographing him! ;-) (So I probably got a little carried away, but I just love capturing everything about him on camera. I took over 400 pictures in an hour and a half, and these are the ones I couldn't do without. Next time I will limit myself to just 15 or 20 minutes....yeah right!) These also double as his 18 month pics because he turned one and a half the day before.
Can't get enough of seeing him be able to walk around all on his own. His little body looks so cute on this path!!
You will see pine cones in his hands in these first several pictures. As soon as we hit the park, he saw all the pine cones and continued to say "pie cohs" as he walked around picking them up (or every time he saw one...there are hundreds in the park!).
My cutie-patootie!!
At this point, he decided he wanted to pile the pine cones up (he often makes piles of things so I wasn't surprised). This was seriously the FUNNIEST thing! He literally walked back and forth collecting pine cones (one at a time, mind you) for over 20 minutes and put them in this pile. At first he only got the pine cones he could reach from his sitting position, then he crawled to the ones close by, and eventually stood up and walked around getting them. The whole time he excitedly exclaimed, "pie coh!!"
He ONLY collected the "good" ones....the broken ones he would put down and say "yuck!". And he showed me his throwing skills...not too bad for a little boy who never throws! =)
Oh, and he had to make sure they were perfectly placed. If one rolled down too far, he would pick it up and put it back where he thought it should go. Can we say, OCD already?? =)
He thought it was the best thing that he was able to run around the whole time on his own! We didn't even bring the stroller with us! =)
"WAH-TEE!!!" (water)
As you can imagine I had to keep a very close eye on him because he kept wanting to get closer and closer to the water!
How cute is he???
He still climbs steps like this part of the time....
And boy does he LOVE "wocks" (rocks) when they are around!!
"MOOOOO!" (I was holding up a cow to try and get his attention...)
Little Buddy's growing up so FAST!
He apparently thought the dog on my head was the funniest thing ever all the sudden! It's amazing what really gets him to laugh. I had been trying all KINDS of things previously to this with no success, and all of a sudden the DOG did it...not the cow, or the pig, or the other dog, or the gloworm, or the....you get the idea! =) Funny boy! BUT, I was super glad I was able to capture THIS picture, along with the following ones! Thank you, Mr. Dog! =)
My son is ALL BOY and LOVES rocks, dirt, plants, insects, and even BEES! (He obviously doesn't realize just how scary they are! LOL!)
You will see in the following picture just how excited he is about "wocks" (rocks). He played with them for awhile, and in several different settings. (Apparently the pine cones were in short supply in these areas!)
Notice the pile of rocks to the left of this picture....and then how he proceeds to place them under his leg.
For some reason he loves to hide things (anything...food, rocks, blocks, toys...anything that is small enough to fit under there) under his legs.
More hiding... "You caught me, Mommy!"
Putting the rocks in the water
"Wock"...he's really into naming EVERYTHING (over and over...).
Pointing at some kids down the steps...
"DOWN!!"
One of my favorite pictures of the whole day....although there were many that I thought were precious!!
I love his expressions in these...I saved the bubbles til the end (they were my "go-to" weapon of choice). I knew that he would like the bubbles (I mean, LOVE the bubbles), and I wasn't proved wrong. He was so excited about them! =)
More rocks...
He made some piles and lined some up on the edge of the step.
If you look closely you can see his handiwork...he put every single one of those rocks on the big slab. One at a time. Yes, I let him crawl around in his brand new pants. Are you proud of me??? =)
He really likes small places, and always has.
The smaller the better. Makes it hard for Mommy (who is much bigger than teeny tiny Brody) to get him out once he's wedged himself in! =)
Although you can't see it in this picture, there is a worm that he's looking at. It was wriggling all around because it appeared it had been cut in two.
He reached down to pick it up and thought it was the coolest thing.
I told you he was all boy!
This tantrum is because Mommy said it was time to leave....
We have these often!
HOWEVER, on the way out we finally saw some flowers (one of his favorite things to look at outdoors), so I caved and let him go see them. Bad mommy.
"FLOW-WUHS!!!" (flowers)
"I think I will sit right here and play with the flowers that I wasn't supposed to pick but did anyhow." (In case you were wondering, yes, he hid these under his legs, too...lol!)
Since Dave wasn't with us the day we went to play in the park, we had to go back on that Sunday (his only day off for 2 weeks). UNFORTUNATELY, the weather was horrible compared to the amazing day we had previously. It was overcast, looked like it would rain at any moment, and in the low 50's (=COLD to me!) We made do, and were able to capture a couple pretty good pics considering the circumstances (Oh yeah, and he threw up twice the day before and once at IHOP after this photo shoot. The surprising thing was that he was in a TERRIFIC mood before and after his unhappy spit-ups....).
Dave got some awesome pictures of Brody and I together! I was surprised only because recently anytime Dave has the camera, Brody turns away or blinks. Dave really does know how to take great pics, but Brody isn't very cooperative in that area. (He isn't for me, either, but when I take TONS of pictures of him, at least a couple are liable to be good, right??)
I wished the lighting was better because I LOVE this picture!!
So SERIOUS....but that's usual! =)
How cute are my two favorite boys????????? I love them SOOOO much!!!
So grateful for the many blessings that God has bestowed on me, but especially my AMAZING husband and son! I love being with them, and when I get to photograph them, it's even better (and REALLY awesome when I get to photograph them amidst God's BEAUTIFUL creation!!)! Thank you, God, for giving us the desires of our hearts!!!! =)


1 comment:
FABULOUS pics!!! And I love, love, LOVE Brody's outfit!!! All of Brody's little "quirks" crack me up - the collecting and the hiding of things is so funny! What a character! Mira also loves "wocks" and has to name and re-name everything a million times!
Post a Comment