For fun (& because we HAD to get out of the house...) I took Brody to Norton's the day he turned 11 months so I could snap a few pictures while he explored the beauty and uniqueness of God's creation. This was the first time I let him out of the stroller to really crawl around and explore. He had a BLAST! He was all over the place (not surprising) and got to feel, touch, listen to, and look at (and unfortunately even taste!) so many new things! Children are a gift from God in themselves, but to see them interacting with the rest of what God created is a sight and joy to behold! They are so naive and so curious about everything around them--their awe of the world around them is something I wish I could have more of in my own life! It's so easy for me to take all that God created for ME for granted, but having Brody has helped open my eyes to more of what God wants for me in my life. He is graciously letting me re-experience His goodness, joy, uniqueness, creativity, splendor, and perfection everyday, and many times in a whole new way! I am so grateful for the opportunities that have come with having Brody because my life was pretty dull and boring before I had him (though I didn't realize JUST how dull and boring it was). I love seeing God in a fresh, new way and I pray that I will continue to do so, and especially that Brody continues to do so.....
Here are a few of the pictures from our day. It was hard to just pick a few, so if you are able to, you can look at the rest
here.
He was so amazed at the sound this bench made as he pounded on it! =)
LOVE this karate chop picture!! Cracks me up every time!!
He played with the grass a LOT and there just happened to be a LOT of it around for him!
Since we don't get to push the stroller around at home or anything, he did it there. =)
He got to "eat" rocks, and grass, and leaves...even some mud from the water! UGH! Don't worry though, the rocks and grass and leaves didn't make IN his mouth...he does enough of that at home!
He played in the water...
...and spent time with Mommy.
He waved to the water....
...and waved to the trees!
He crawled and crawled and crawled!
And Mommy even let him enjoy a special treat....playtime in the stream!
Just for that, he left ME a special treat! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment