A couple of days ago I introduced Brody to REAL toothbrushing. Up until this point we have just been using a wash cloth to wipe his teeth after he eats, but he's starting to bite more like that. I don't particularly care for that, so I wanted to see how it would be with a toothbrush. I was actually VERY surprised at how receptive he as to the idea of someone shoving something in his mouth and scrubbing away.... =) He liked it when I brushed his teeth, but REALLY liked it when HE "brushed" his teeth! I think he just liked the idea of being able to chew/suck on something new (especially since he has no paci during the day anymore...). Since then we try to brush his teeth at least once or twice a day (when I think about it...I need to get in a routine so I will remember...) and he still likes it! I hope this is something he will always love to do like his Daddy does! Of course I brush my teeth, but only out of necessity!! It's really funny because Brody will sit and play with his toothbrush forever if I let him, and when he gets up to crawl with it I tell him he has to sit down or I will have to take it away. He actually sits down! If for some reason he doesn't and I take it away, he cried and cries! Who knew a toothbrush would be so exciting???

Right after I brushed his teeth for him the first time...
Trying it out on his own....
He looks SO CUTE in this picture!!!! And I love the drool!
AAAHH! Open WIDE!
No comments:
Post a Comment