Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Unusual Picnic

On Tuesday, after an unsuccessful trip to Goodwill to find some big yard toys for Brody (however, running into my friend Tanya whom I hadn't seen since January was worth the trip--she was quite surprised at how red Brody's hair is now......), I headed over to Dave's office so Brody could see him before bed.  Since Brody was starving (or so I thought by all the cries in the car), I pulled into Chick-Fil-A since it was on the way.  I bought Brody his first kid's meal....and nothing else. =)  He wasn't eating a bottle much at all that day (or for the days prior), so I didn't pack a bottle.  Silly me.  At Toyota, I pulled up right next to Dave's truck and asked him if I could feed Brody in the back.  Since that was obviously  no problem, so I got it all set up.  Dave fed him the apple juice and I got his other food ready.  Did he eat any of it??  Absolutely not! =)  There goes $4.20 down the drain....that won't happen again.  At least I got to enjoy part of his chicken strips, but somehow the chicken just isn't as good with all the grease taken away.... =)  He DID try one tiny piece of chicken and I guess didn't like it because he never came back for more.  Later, he was brave and grabbed a strawberry but since it had lemon juice on it to keep it fresh-looking, he made a horrible face and threw it in the truck bed like all the other fruit.....  SO, I didn't even get the fruit! Oh well.  He had the BEST TIME crawling around in the back of Daddy's truck, and his hands, legs, and feet proved it!!  YUCK!!  The things we do for entertainment!!

Brody's first Kid's Meal...and last for a while! =)
Daddy stayed just for a few minutes to say hi to Brody and I, help give Brody a little juice, and then to say bye to both of us....  the rest took place while he was inside working with customers.  I wonder what his co-workers thought of our unsual picnic??

Taking a quick, VERY quick rest before he's off and crawling!


He explored everything!!

Whew!  That strawberry is SOUR!!

Then, he went to explore again.  He looked out one side of the truck....

....then the other.  (I love how his foot is propped!!)
Quick posed pic....

Time for a small refreshment!

Mommy caught this just in time before he was off again....

I see you!
(Not sure why, but he cocks his lower jaw to the side often...strange.)

Off and crawling...this picture makes me realize just how BIG his feet are getting!

LOVE this shot...he has the sweetest little face and the cutest features!! =)

I guess this lid to the fruit and the new board book made the money worth it.....kinda.  He played with this lid all over the truck for about 10 min.  He loved it!!

Dave loves this picture, and so do I.  The sunset was pretty that night, too....

This one is my favorite!  As you can see, truck beds are the PERFECT "playpen" for 11 month olds! LOL!  Next time, I will put down a sheet!!!

Mom, PLEASE...I'm FILTHY!  This is so embarrassing! (At least the black matched his outfit!  It happens to be one of the few outfits he owns that have any black in them!)

Poor unfortunate soul....such a mess!

But not for long!!! =)


Laughing at his goofy daddy....
My clean little water baby!
(Pictures like this are VERY hard to come by at our house!! I cherish any that I get!)

No comments: