Well, yesterday was my precious husband's 28th birthday! It was also my dear friend, Brandy's, brithday! They share the same birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRANDY!! I love you and miss you!!
Dave and I are FINALLY both the same age again! =) Every year after I have my birthday in July, he has to tease me for the next three months that I am a year older than him, and the conversation usually has something to this effect in it:
Dave: You are a year older than me now....
Cheryl: No, I am only a three months older.
Dave: Well, when you are 60, I will still be in my 50's! =)
Cheryl: Oh brother, here we go again!!
Those of you that know my wonderful husband know how much of a joker he is, so I am sure you are not surprised by this banter..... But, needless to say, he is now 28, just like me, and I am glad I won't hear that for another 9 months! =)
He is actually in Oklahoma with his family this weekend....I did not get to go with him, sadly. I really wanted to so I could hang out with his wonderful parents, sister and brother-in-law, and nephews, but I had to stay home so I could save my time off. I am sure this is what he has been doing ALL weekend:
watching sports on tv (minus the dress clothes, of course!)
Cuddles was waiting patiently for Daddy to get home from work so he could open his presents!
Good job blowing out those candles, Little Buddy!!
Dave thanked Chipper and Cuddles for their gifts to him.
Me with the Birthday BOY!
Yummy cake! =)
Cuddles enjoyed the cake as well!
Here are Dave's new trail shoes, also (I promised you a picture of them...). Of course this pic is turned sideways, so you will have to imagine what they look like when he is standing correctly in them..... =) They are sharp, aren't they??

Cuddles apparently liked the box the shoes went in because this is what she did with it... 
While he has been gone, I have been keeping myself busy so that I won't miss him as much. On Friday, my friend Angela and I hosted a "Girl's Night" at her house for several friends. We made beaded jewelry which was very fun and easier than I thought it would be! I will post some pics from that night. I also spent the night with Angela. She gave me the royal treatment! She was so sweet to let me stay with her not, one, but TWO nights (Friday and Saturday). She made delicious food, let me sleep in her awesome bed while she slept on the couch, and went without sleep just so we could hang out and talk! We hadn't done that in a LONG time! She is so special and means so much to me. I am AMAZED at how God has helped her through some very trying times these last few months!! He is ALWAYS in control and the creator of all things GOOD!!! =)





Cuddles's and Chipper's friends Biscuit and Miss Kitty wanted to play also...




Tracy was our "teacher" for the night...she is BRILLIANT at jewelry design!
Diana was acting silly as usual, but so was I! =)
Monica and Angela
Kelly showing off her creations...
The whole gang: Angela, Tracy, Monica, Kelly, Stacy, Diana, and ME!
Cuddles's and Chipper's friends Biscuit and Miss Kitty wanted to play also...
On Saturday morning, Diana, Angela, and I ran the "Revel Run 5K". I ran my best time to date! 31:16!!! =) My next goal is running a 5K in under 30 min.!! =) This was the 2nd race that I have run the whole way and I was so excited!! =) After the 5k, Diana and Justin and our "trail running crew" all ran another 3.1 miles on the trail at Stoner Boat Launch. 
So Saturday morning alone was exhausting enough! I stunk so bad and was so sweaty, but yet I had to go to a little girl's 3rd birthday party over in Bossier in less than an hour after I got done racing. Being the true "tough girl" that I am, I rushed over to the new Target in Bossier, bought several new items (like deoderant, Cottenelle wipes, clothes, etc) and changed/"bathed" in the parking lot and then was on my way to the party! I am sure I still stunk, but I was a little cleaner and felt a little cleaner. I then went back to Angela's, showered, talked, and then took a short nap. Jamie and I then took Olivia to get her "Fall Pictures" made at the pumpkin patch at the Boardwalk. Olivia was NOT happy!!! She would not smile for us at all, no matter what we did! It was fun taking her picture, but I was hoping she would at least smile ONCE! =) Here are a few of those photos that we got amidst several "costume changes".
This was the closest thing I got to an actual "contented" face....otherwise her facial expressions were very discontented! =)
I told you she was NOT happy!
While we were taking pics after the first clothing change, Olivia found the pine straw to be VERY entertaining and played with it the rest of the time she was sitting on the ground! It was funny! =) Notice the saying on the green shirt...Jamie thought it was pretty cute. =)

Jamie also gave Olivia her first "adult" food....a slush from Dippin' Dots because it was so hot outside. Olivia LOVED it!! Notice the face she made when she really wanted more..... It was so cute!


After the ice cream and slush, we were on our way to go SHOPPING!! Shreveport FINALLY got a KOHL'S!!!!! I am so excited!!! I have been telling Jamie about this store FOREVER and how great it is and I finally was able to take her and Olivia (two of my favorite people) shopping there! It was fun, fun, fun! Olivia even stopped playing long enough to get a picture with her favorite aunt! I hope I can load a video of her laughing at the toys in the store. It was the cutest thing! =) 
Olivia had a lot of fun playing with the wet wipes on the way out to the car!


No comments:
Post a Comment