Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My LOWEST 5K time ever!! =)


Can you see the VICTORY all over my face??? =)



Hey everyone! It's been a while since I have updated because I have been so busy. I will be sure to post lots of pics and update on the past week as soon as possible. However, I want to let you know that at the Autumn Breeze 5K this weekend, my goal was to get a time under 30 min. WELL, I am proud to say that God answered my prayer.... He actually not only answered it, but gave me the strength, endurance, determination, and good friends to help me BLOW IT OUT OF THE WATER! I shaved a whopping 4:19 off my previous time of 31:16!!!! =) I was SO EXCITED!!! My new 5K best is 26:57! =) Not only did I get MY best time, but my friend, Diana, that ran side by side with me the whole way got her best time by 3 sec! =) (And she has been running for a couple years!). My other friend, Angela, did VERY well on her time as well! It was a GREAT running day! The weather had just gotten cold and was 50 degrees when I left the house in shorts........... It quickly warmed up, but it was nice to have a little cooler weather for running. Just wanted to share my excitement. Unfortunately Dave was not able to go running with us this time. He had to work...

Angela and I accidentally dressed as coordinating twins...guess that happens when you have a lot of the same clothes! =)



Diana and I were GREAT running buddies! We kept motivating each other to run faster without even realizing it! =) She is so FAST!!



I was all smiles after the race because I was so happy to have been able to conquer my goal with God's help!! =)




These are the cool "Autumn Breeze" sweatshirts that we got for running...can't wait to start getting some of the long sleeved shirts, too!

No comments: