Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Friday, October 12, 2007

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

Today in class, we were reading a story about a Japanese village that gets hit by a tidal wave. In order to warn the people that lived on the coast at the bottom of the mountain, a grandfather and his grandson had to set the rice fields on fire so that the people would run up the mountain away from the fire. When they looked down from the top of the mountain, they saw the huge tidal wave cover their village below and were then thankful to the man for burning their precious rice fields. Among other topics from the story, we discussed how the rice fields were so important because that was where they got all their food for the village. After a series of oral comprehension questions to the class, one of the questions was, "Why did the grandfather have to burn the rice fields?" One of my smarter students, actually, said, "To cook their food....?" I wanted to roll out laughing right then, but couldn't! =) Obviously, she wasn't listening during the story......................................... (Just so you know, these are the kinds of answers I get every day in class, but this was one of the more humorous ones, so I had to tell you all about it.) =) Have a GREAT WEEKEND!! I plan on getting some SLEEP! I am so excited because I am sleeping in tomorrow!!! =) YEA!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that Japanese story!! yes,children say the most hilarious thing sometimes...Tamaki from Japan