Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, October 14, 2007

What a Day! (Beware: LOTS OF PICTURES!)


Well, aside from sleeping in yesterday (I got to sleep in til 9:40!! YEA!!), I don't think I got much other rest.... Starting the day I knew I had to go to Mikey's birthday party at 4:00 and wanted to go see Jamie and her parents. But, I didn't realize my day would be so FULL! I wanted to go get Dave to sign some checks to put in the bank, but on the way to Bossier, I called Jamie to straighten out my plans and she asked me to meet her parents at McAlister's for lunch. Of course I wanted to go and visit with them (her parents are so funny and I wanted to see Jamie and little Olivia) so I went to McAlister's instead of Bossier. Olivia had her first taste of potato and soup, I think. Plus, she was mushing up crackers and puffs as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After lunch, I needed to go to the Boardwalk to get Mikey some clothes for his gift to take to the party. I spent almost 2 hours just walking around looking through the stores and shopping. Those little children's stores have the CUTEST clothes! I can't wait to shop for clothes for our own kiddos! It was fun! I saw SEVERAL sets of twins/triplets while I was there. Interesting! =) Here are the cute clothes I bought for Mikey...I knew Dave would approve of the choices because they are very similar to what HE wears!! =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The birthday party was at Jill's Gymnastics which happens to be where Mikey's mom works, as well as Diana. I have never been to a gymnastics party before. It was quite fun! The kids played on all the equipment for about 45 min., then we had pizza and cake upstairs in the party room, then opened gifts, and then played again. The kids all seemed to have fun, and so did Mikey. Of course, we adults all had fun, too, as you will see! =) At first Dave was sad because he thought he would have to miss Mikey's big event, but luckily it was slow at the dealership and he was able to come for about an hour of the party. Notice he was in his dress clothes for the whole party...... =)




Diana and I ran down the LONG trampoline "runway" (I am SURE it has a technical name but I don't know it...) and jumped into the "PIT". It was very hard to get out of!! (great pics, Jana!)






Mikey enjoyed his pizza and birthday cake.





A friend from church was there with her daugher Kailyn. Jana and her family will be moving to Tyler, TX, soon when her husband transfers jobs...we are sad to see them go =(

Mikey then opened presents. Here he is with our present. I won't bore you with all the pictures, but there were some FUNNY expressions! =)

When Dave got there he was continually checking on the Kentucky/LSU football score on his phone...thank goodness for technology!

Diana and I

Now here is where the fun began!

Dave started jumping off the trampoline into the "pit"....

...and little Mikey had to pull him out!

Kailyn swung on the rope. Isn't she so cute?? She just turned 3 and I went to HER party LAST weekend! =)

Then, Dave and Mikey started playing! They wrestled, chased each other, rolled around, and just had the BEST time! Mikey was all smiles! It was so cute! He kept calling out "Dav, Dav!" (imagine that with a British accent and you would hear Mikey saying "Dave".) I think Dave had even more fun than Mikey did! I took so many pictures of it, but I will only post a few.

After ALL that, Dave and I had OUR fun on the equipment! I was pretending I was the gymnast I always wanted to be. It was so much fun! =) But, just in case you weren't aware, gymnastics is TOUGH! We were both out of breath by the end of the party! WOW!

(I am sure this is NOT true gymnast form.....)

Mikey is one LOVED little boy! Aside from the THREE families you are about to see him with, he has at least 5-7 more families from the gym that love him just as much! What a lucky guy!

Here he is with his REAL family: Dustin and Lora! =) Notice his funny expression...he was doing that all night! =)

Here are Dave and I with our Little Buddies!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the end of the party the Kentucky/LSU game was nearing an end. We tried to hurry over to Jamie and Chad's house not only for the YUMMY fried fish her mom made for all of us, but also to try and catch the end of the game! Fortunately we were able to pick the game up on the radio. When we left, they had just gone into DOUBLE overtime! I couldn't believe it and neither could Dave! By the time we got to their house, UK had scored a touch down but missed the 2 point conversion. I was so excited that they were up 6 pts. on LSU of all teams!!! By the time we got inside, we were able to see LSU LOSE to a usually poor UK football team! Not this year, baby!! HOW AWESOME!!! (We HAD to show off the sports page to our Sunday School class this morning...most didn't find too much humor in it!!) =) Needless to say, Dave and I were THRILLED at the win, and I think poor Olivia was concerned as to what was going on! =) She had never seen me quite so excited before........... =)

WHAT A SCORE!!! =)

Here Dave is on the phone with his Dad....

Jamie's dad, Sparky, was definitely NOT too amused with the score OR our antics! He is a faithful LSU fan.......... =) =) =) Thanks, Sparky, for letting us celebrate at your expense!

During the OU game and the Georgia game (Chad is a die-hard Georgia fan), we got to play with Olivia....

Here she is with her Nana and Papaw...

And here we are showing off her FILTH from the concrete floor that still needs to be re-floored...

Another wonderful VICTORY for the day was the OU WIN! =) They were playing a tough Missouri team and I was a little nervous at first that Missouri might pull off the win. I have family at Mizzou now, and my parents both attended college there, so I couldn't be too hard on them. But, I was definitely glad that OU pulled it out in the end! It was finally a great day all around in the "Williams' Household of Sports"!!

After such a long day, Olivia had to get her bath to wash off all the filth.......

Here is a LONG AWAITED picture! All of us are constantly hanging out, but we haven't had a group picture since Christmas TWO years ago!! Thank you to Nana Debi for taking this picture (and the other 10 that Chad wouldn't cooperate in!!) =)

The Moons and the Williams

No comments: