Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Sweet Tea and Muffins

I have been learning how to make true, southern sweet tea the last few weeks! Dave loves sweet tea, and he usually only gets it when he goes home or at restaurants. However, my mentor, Marsha, gave me a great recipe and told me just how to make it. Since then, I have made several pitchers of tea that Dave says he really likes....sometimes I don't know when to believe him or not........ =) But, regardless, he drinks up every batch like it is from his Granny Williams! =) (I, myself, hate tea, so this was a venture that I wanted to take just so I could show Dave I love him!)



I also got a great recipe from a Friend Connection at church for some low-cal muffins that are probably pretty good for you. They are so EASY and DELICIOUS!! Plus, they are very MOIST, which is what makes them so yummy! All you need is a box of cake mix (spice cake is the best, but carrot cake and devil's food also work well), a regular size can of pumpkin (Libby's is best), and a 1/2 cup of water. Mix them together with the electric beaters, and then drop them into muffin cups. I generally get about 24 per batch just because I like them cupcake size, but you could make them smaller. The size I make them is about 90 calories per muffin. Bake them at 375 for about 17 min. and they are DONE! =) Mmmmm.... Try them and let me know how you like them! =) They also freeze well, and are GREAT to give out to friends as little "I'm thinking of you gifts!"

I recently bought this cute little spoon rest at KOHL'S....isn't is just PERFECT for OUR house??? =)

No comments: