I mentioned yesterday that I may go running on the Monkey Trail today. Well, thank goodness for awesome fall weather because I DID go run, and did I ever! WOW! I ran between 8 1/2 and 9 miles today!! Who knew back in March when I could barely run 1 1/2 miles that I would be running this far only 8 months later! God is GOOD! He gives you strength you never thought you had (and that has to do with more than just running!) I was so proud of myself for running that far. I am gonna be VERY sore tomorrow!! While I was running, Dave rode his bike for close to 2 1/2 hours waiting for me. He did AWESOME! Can you believe people run or ride bikes for 2 1/2 hours??? Just in case you were wondering what a person's feet look like after running on a trail that long, here is a pretty good example.....(please note that this is the dirt that managed to get through not only my shoes, but also my SOCKS!! YUCK!!!) It looks even cooler in person!
Speaking of fall, Dave and I want to wish each of you a HAPPY FALL!! Here are a few pics of our house this morning when the leaves were falling before we left for church. Isn't fall beautiful? I was so fortunate to get to see even more of the beauty on the trail today!

No comments:
Post a Comment