Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Operation Christmas Child

Every year, my friend Jamie and I love to go shopping for little toys, hygiene items, candy, and art supplies to go in shoe boxes for less fortunate children around the world. These shoe boxes are done with an organization by Franklin Graham (Billy Graham's son) called Samaritan's Purse. The mission is called "Operation Christmas Child". Tonight Jamie and I went shopping and found LOTS of fun little items to go in the boxes. I LOVE packing them FULL with whatever I can find! It's such a neat gift and I know each child that gets them is so happy to see that other people in the world love them. I always want to pack more than the number I am able to pack because I know it is for such a GREAT cause. The most important message they receive is that Jesus loves them and that they are special! =) What a Christmas gift! =)



We made four shoe boxes each: 2 for a girl aged 5-8 and 2 for a boy aged 5-8. Here are some of the contents of each of my boxes:




Another cool thing is that my mom gets to travel up to Minnesota every year after Thanksgiving to one of the main sites where they go through all the boxes and get them ready to send overseas! I would love to go volunteer one day! =)

No comments: