Dave, Mom, Angela, and I all ran the 3 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning, and boy was it COLD!! =) We were all bundled up wondering why in the world we would be crazy enough to get up early and come stand/walk/run in the cold when we could be sleeping in our nice, warm beds. However, by the time the race started and it got a few degrees warmer, we were very glad we all did the race. It was a VERY fun event and there were close to 800 participants by the race numbers I saw. We had a staggered start time so Angela and I started with the "Under 7 min. runners" by accident, though it turned out well. It was the first staggered race I have participated in, and I saw why once we got to the entrance of the trail...it was all single file after the first 1/2 mile. I did fairly well considering I had to follow behind other runners that may not have necessarily been running at the speed I would normally run. My final time was around 30:58, though it was not an official time due to the staggering. I DID run the entire race, so that was an accomplishment. The wind by the river was extremely cold and reminded me of my track days in high school...BRRR! Angela did very well coming in about 1:15 behind me...she got stuck behind some SLOW runners! Dave and Mom were awesome because they ran a lot of this race! Way to go you two!! =) I did notice on the camera that Mom gave me after the race that they stopped and had some photo-ops throughout the race... but, they got some good pics that I would not have normally been able to get otherwise. =) Mom loves these 5K's now and wants to do more when she comes to visit us in the future. They ARE fairly addicting...I never believed my friend, Jennifer, when she would tell me about them a couple years ago, but now I see what she is talking about..........................



No comments:
Post a Comment