Two weekends ago Dave and I went to Lake Bistineau with Diana, Justin, and the trail running class. I was very tired still from my race the day before, and Dave is not a long distance runner, so after a long 3 miles of running/walking, we decided to start biking instead. Dave did VERY well on the running part, but he is still in training so we stayed together instead of me going on alone with the other runners to do the 8 miles that they were doing. They were AWESOME though! =) While riding around, Dave and I got lost in the woods once, and I thought I was going to have a flat tire another time. The whole experience was quite fun though, mostly because I was with Dave and the weather was PERFECT!!!! I took several pictures of the lake because it was gorgeous, and because the aquatic plants shown in the picture are taking over the whole lake like a wild fire!! It is actually a big concern here in Louisiana because it is ruining the lake and all the wildlife within it. From a distance though, it looks so pretty because it is so GREEN.... =) After the awesome runners got back from their trail run, we caught up with them and went on a trail ride through the woods. What fun! =)
This is the plant that is taking over the lake...notice in the picture above how all the green looks just like a big green field. However, below all that green is lake water....sad state for the lake!
These are some pictures Dave wanted me to take...one is just highlighting the greens and the other highlights just the blues.

There was moss in most of the trees and it looked so wispy and willowy in the wind....
All around the pier is the plant that is taking over everything....



This is what we like to call a "redneck camel-back"! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment