Tuesday night was the Downtown Christmas Run around the beautiful Shreveport courthouse. The race was a little longer than our usual 5K coming in at 3.41 miles (instead of the 3.1 miles). Dave was off that day (YEA!!!) and so he was able to go also. Angela, Diana, and I all wore our matching PINK Santa hats (shocking that I wore it, I know!). You will notice just how WARM it was here....right around 70-75 degrees. Many were in shorts and tanks at NIGHT! =) It's sad though that we are so warm, when many of our family members in OK and MO are having ice storms right now!! (It WAS cooler here yesterday and today, however...in the low 50's and rainy.) We did 4 laps around the courthouse and the atmosphere was so peppy and upbeat! There were over 200 runners/walkers and they had drumline performances, violin performances, and the Transiberian Orchestra Christmas album playing while we ran. How exciting! Also, Ice Cube was shooting a movie at one of the shops that we ran by 4 times. Dave was able to see him inside the building, but I missed him. (Shreveport is becoming quite the place to shoot movies lately. We have had many stars in town, but I haven't seen any in person.) We had a lot of fun running, though it was VERY exhausting as none of us had run since the Turkey Trot. Dave ran almost the whole thing!! I was so proud of him!! =) I didn't get my best time, but one of Justin's training partners was pacing me most of the way so I didn't do too badly (32:58). Of course, the whole first lap, we were all joking around, so I am sure I could have done better if I had wanted to push myself even more. I loved this race almost more than all the others I have done because it is so energetic.
Fall Carnival
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment