Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Saturday, December 29, 2007

LA, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica

Saturday both Faith and David were off from work, so they took me to Los Angeles (and all that was near). This was the first time both David and I had ever been to these parts! Faith did a great job showing us around. Here are some pics on the trip to LA. I didn't realize just how mountainous Southern California was...... The two domes was the nuclear plant we passed. It reminded me of the show "24". I also have never ridden in the carpool lane, but David took us on it. Not much different than the regular lanes, because it still took us almost 4 hours to take a 2 hour trip!
I saw some of the sites and exits for big name places...that was fun. I just happened to click my camera at just the right time to get Angel Stadium there in Anahiem...didn't even know what I was looking at/for until after I saw the picture! Unfortunately Dave and I are big fans of the show "The Hills" so I was looking all over for what may be the setting of the show. This was the only thing we could come up with. I also got a (bad) picture of the "Laguna Beach" exit on the way home...

Upon entering the city after much driving, it was so neat to see the beautiful skyline (one of my favorite things to photograph). It was very difficult to get a decent picture since we were driving, but David was very nice to lean back while I shot photos out of the driver's side window!


Finally, we reached our first destination: Hollywood!! Unforunately I like to know a little too much about Hollywood and the stars, so this was fun to actually come and see what it's really like...I am sure the next time wouldn't be QUITE so exciting, but I must admit, it was pretty cool to go down there and see everything for the first time!! =) I saw many of the "stars" on "Avenue of the Stars" but I only took pics of a few of the more famous ones. Sandra Bulock is such a great actress, so I was thrilled to find her star and get a picture by it! =) I also got one by Glenn Miller for my mom, since we used to listen to him growing up. I HAD to get a picture of the famous Scientology building just for kicks and giggles... though I would never actually step foot in that place! And, NO, we didn't see anyone famous that we know of while here......


Here we are by the Chinese Theater, the Kodak Theater, crossing Hollywood Blvd., and under the Hollywood Star..... Sorry, I accidentally forgot to change my picture with Sandra.......oops! =)


The Gold Man "statue"


Though I wanted my picture in front of this, a great picture out the window will do just as well. I was so happy to get this pic! =)

We went through Beverly Hills next. Dave's cousin, Audra, works at a law firm here and I wish I had known what it was so I could have stopped by (though it WAS a Saturday...). There were some NICE houses here....and I loved the palm lined streets! =) We saw a lambourghini, a porsche (both pictured), and a ferrari (not pictured...i wasn't fast enough!) while driving through. Dave would have loved the 90210!!Here's where even MORE excitement came into play!! They actually took me to RODEO DRIVE!! Though it was VERY fun in Hollywood, this is where I was really enamored!!! I had so much fun here and I think David and Faith thought I was crazy! =) Not only did David drive down the entire street for us, but we also got to get out and walk the entire thing! That was so much fun! I think David's favorite thing was seeing all the ritzy cars (Rolls Royces--several, Lambourghinis, and Astin Martins just to name a few). I, of course, had to buy SOMETHING on Rodeo Drive, and I knew just the place! Dave ALWAYS talks about Lacoste, so when I saw they had one, that was the first place we went! I bought him a very nice shirt there for Christmas and after he saw it, he was so excited! I made his Christmas, I think!! =) (Well, besides actually being home for once on Christmas.....) There were so many glamorous stores there that I only read about or see on TV, so it was fun to actually be in front of them! I can hardly explain how exciting it was to be on Rodeo Drive, but maybe all the pictures will help....my favorite part was seeing the sunset over the palm trees! What a sight! =) The picture where David and Faith are looking down into a "hole" was the Prada store...that was a very cool store-front!! They had the dresses on display in all kinds of unique ways!
Harry Winston (top left), Valentino (bottom left), and David with some very nice Dolce & Gabbana suits........
After such an eye-opening experience, we headed to Santa Monica for some fun on the Pier. I got to see/touch the Pacific Ocean for the first time which was another thing checked off of my list of "To-Do's" in life...
They have this neat little amusement park out there and I BEGGED the two of them to ride the roller coaster with me. The best part was that we got to ride TWICE in a row, and I got to take pictures the entire time! How often do either of those happen?? What a treat!
As if we hadn't shopped enough that day (poor David), we were able to go shopping on the Third Street Promenade there in Santa Monica. We almost witnessed a potentially bad wreck and I got to see a Bentley on the way there. The streets were beautiful with all the color-changing balls in the trees and all the lights everywhere. The Starbucks on the bottom right picture is the store where all the music that is played on the XM station for the Starbucks Cafe comes from.
David had been waiting to eat all day when we were finally able to go to this quaint little English pub that Faith had been telling me about. I had chicken courdon blue with mashed potatoes, David had fish and chips (some of the best I've tasted), and Faith had Sheperd's Pie. Everything was so good!
FYI: This picture will be in a magazine some day.......... =) (just kidding....but, I DO like to take pictures of flowers/food/scenery, so who knows what the future holds! If any of you know of anyone looking for a photographer for a magazine, give them my name........................)
Whew! I am worn out just reliving all that!! Hope I didn't tire you out too badly!! That my friends would be why I haven't gotten to update in a while! (sorry if there are any typos--I am too tired to go back and look for any.) The rest of my trip was JUST as full, so I will try to post soon (along with Christmas..................).

No comments: