The ultrasound started a little rocky as we saw right away that Brody was turned facing my spine.....all we saw was the BACK of his head! That made me a little sad, but Sherry was really good and kept trying to push on my tummy to get him to turn. While we were waiting for him to wake up some, we heard his heartbeat (138 bpm), saw his great looking cerebellum (brain), saw his foot up in my ribs, saw his strong heart beating as well as his good breathing, saw he has a little more hair than last time, saw both kidneys and his stomach, saw the vernix floating around in the amniotic fluid (pretty cool sight...), measured him to see his approximate weight (about 5 lbs 6 oz and his head is still measuring big--98th percentile-- but she said that was generally a boy thing), and saw he was still head down and that the umbilical cord is nowhere near his head (great!). It was a pretty successful day as far as we were concerned thus far. I did ask her if she saw anything abnormal or anything we should watch out for and she said, "Oh no. I'd let you know for sure if I saw anything." That made me feel even better. I asked her if he really gained a whole pound since last week and she told us that since we didn't get a good measurement on the femur last time that he may have been a little bigger than we measured at 4 lbs 6 oz. Whew! I DON'T want a 10 lb. baby!! =)
After all that looking and poking, after about 20 minutes he started turning and facing more where we could see his face. He had his arms in the way again for a while, but EVENTUALLY he moved them for us! We got to see him opening and closing his mouth so much!! =) It was so neat (and cute!)!! Overall, towards the end we got a couple pictures where we could see much more of his face than the last time. I was so glad he cooperated! =) He is very squished in there so they said that the pictures wouldn't be that good because there isn't as much room for him, but I was so glad we got to see him. =) We got another great DVD out of it as well and will be able to watch all the kicking and moving over and over! =) God answered our prayers in even more ways (once again......) than we had asked! =) We are such grateful parents!!! =)
his little face is all scrunched up and his arm is in front of his mouth again (hmmm....does this pose look familiar?? It's all we saw last time!)
YAY! We got to see even more of his face! You can see both eyes, his little nose, and his mouth....it looks like he is almost smiling while sleeping on his arm! =)
And, here is even more of his face....you can see almost all of his mouth finally! =)
The doctor's appointment went well, too. LaToya was our nurse practioner (the one we love so much!) and she said everything looked great! By the way, my blood pressure was much lower and near "normal" for me since Dave got to come today! =) And, I gained 3 lbs. since last visit, so I'm assuming Dr. Michael would be happy..... LaToya DID ask if we had "set a date to have him" and I looked at her really funny because I assumed my due date was written in my charts. She then reminded me that LOTS of people induce nowadays so they can plan it more in case they have family coming or want to have a better idea when their baby will be born. I would really prefer to let him tell us when he is ready, but Dave and I will talk about it because I guess Dr. Michael will be asking me about it next appointment. I come back in two weeks for my LAST two week appointment and then it will be EVERY week! The countdown is almost beginning!! =) WAHOO!! =)


3 comments:
Wow, Great pictures of Brody. She really did get some nice shots of him. I can't believe he is already 5 lbs. You might have an 8pounder like me.=) Oh and I can't believe they schedule inducing these days. I did not know that. I figured you just waited it out. You can do anything these days so I am not surprised. You will do great when you have him. You are a tough cookie. I hope to talk with you soon. Love ya.
I loved the pictures Cheryl!! Any new pictures to post? I check almost everyday to see if you have updates =)
Oh Cheryl.....Where art thou??? I am having withdrawls...........
Post a Comment