Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Prenatal Classes

This past Thursday was our LAST PRENATAL class!!!! We are so excited because that means we are one step closer to Brody being here! We attended the Orientation/Anesthesia class first where I had to force myself to watch how they give you an epidural......ick! That was in July. August was full of classes. We attended the two night class on Breastfeeding to which Dave responded "I'm scarred for life!". I actually learned a lot both nights and was so glad we went. We also went to a class called Baby Basics and Dentistry where a pediatrician told us what all to expect (what are normal conditions and what aren't....) in the first few weeks/months of baby coming home and a dentist talked to us about what to do and what not to do so the baby would have good healthy teeth. At all the classes we learned a lot and were reminded of things that we already knew. They were very beneficial and I am so glad that Dave was able to get off work early each night in order to come to these classes with me!!! =) The only classes we didn't attend were on childbirth, but that's because it was a 5 night class on Mondays and Dave can never get off early on Mondays. I asked my doctor if it was necessary to go and she said that the only thing we needed to know about childbirth was how to push and we couldn't have learned that in the class--only through actually doing it. She said the nurses would guide us through the process which is encouraging. We are so glad to be done, and armed with more knowledge so we can take even better care of Brody! =)

Hospital where we had all our classes

No comments: