This past Friday, Mary and Jerry came for a visit! They were supposed to come a few weeks ago but Mary got sick and was sacrificial enough to stay home (even though we REALLY wanted them to come!) so she wouldn't get Little Buddy or me sick. I'm glad it worked out that they could come when they did. It worked out well! =) We were able to spend LOTS of time with them the last three days because Dave was able to take this weekend off (PRAISE GOD!!!!!).
They were so excited about getting to FINALLY see the nursery firsthand. We kept them in suspense until after dinner on Friday....it was quite fun! =)
On Saturday we went shopping at the Boardwalk because Jerry needed some new tennis shoes. Though it was SCORCHING hot (over 100 degrees....it's now AUGUST in Shreveport.....no relief in sight!), we enjoyed the time together and TAX-FREE weekend! =) That was actually a joke to Dave and he said it the ENTIRE weekend.......... If you spend LOTS of money (like the max $2500), it's well-worth the state's 4.6% tax savings. However, if you only spend $100 you only save $4.60. At least it's money you don't have to pay the state, but Dave just thought it was so funny that they make such a HUGE deal out of it! =) He kept reminding us..."but it's tax-free weekend!" I guess when Little Buddy gets old enough to go to school, it will be worth the savings (which is what the weekend was designed for), but for now, we got to enjoy a little savings.
Downtown Shreveport and the Red River are always a great background... =) Really gotta love all those casinos that line the river....
If you look at this picture REALLY closely, you can actually see my BELLY BUTTON! Yikes! =)We had several home-cooked HEALTHY meals that I actually did much of the cooking for--surprise, surprise! Mary and Jerry helped me with the turkey chops (healthy form of pork chops that my friend Brandy told me about some time back--LOVE them! They taste JUST like pork chops!) because I wanted to make sure they were cooked thoroughly enough. You can never be too safe these days! =)
Waiting for the YUMMY food!
Last night before they left, we got several good family photos. I'm at 32 weeks now and LOOK it! It's funny too see how much my tummy has grown in just 2 weeks! (32 weeks pics will be taken tomorrow, so I'll post them when we get them done.) They left early this morning, and the next time we see them, Little Buddy will be here!!! That's NUTS!!! =)
Mother and son--a beautiful thing!


1 comment:
You are such a cute mom-to-be! Love your lil' bump! I am glad that you have such great in-laws to, just like me and Ruth... I consider her my in-law! LOL... and thanks for the shout-out on the Turkey Chops... I just might go buy some soon... That made me hungry!
Post a Comment