On Jan. 28th, Dave and I took Brody in for his 4 month check-up and shots. He measured 25 inches long (50 %tile), weighed 15 lbs. 12 oz. (75 %tile), and his head measured 17.1 inches around (75 %tile). These have stayed the in the same percentile over the past several months so that is a good sign. Overall his health is still great and he continues to develop normally.
Now he's smiling when we go to the doctor. I love watching the differences each time we visit.
Look how long he's getting...and chunky! =)
My friend, Lacey, was shadowing Dr. Cockrell for Medical School that day so she was all excited that she got to see Brody--she LOVES seeing Brody at all our GNO's so this was a treat for her! =) Plus, I liked getting to see her that morning...it calmed my nerves because of the shots that were to come.
To those of you who are wondering: this is a COMMON thing that happens when I am taking their pictures. Brody takes after Daddy....he blinks OFTEN! Just thought I would share since some of you think Brody never blinks! =)
Much better picture with Daddy =)
This picture actually (finally) turned out really good for both of us! It's such a chore to get Brody to look at the camera sometimes and I have mastered it, but Dave hasn't yet. I was really happy with this one! =)
Getting his second shot...as you can see, he didn't cry for either one of those...I was actually REALLY surprised!!
But the third shot was where the tears started flowing.....poor thing. =(
Daddy got to comfort him this time after the trauma
He likes to look in the mirror.......
Another thing he likes to do now: grab at anything and EVERYTHING (including paper) and put it into his mouth.... mmmm!At this appointment we discussed feeding him rice cereal and eventually other kinds of baby food. We tried feeding him rice cereal a few times but he isn't ready for it....I have several pictures that I will have to share of the experiences though! I love pictures of babies with food on their face (and ironically, Dave doesn't!)! =) We also talked about the fact that he is still spitting up. The doctor told us that if he was still spitting up and fussy in a couple weeks to give her a call because we would need to try a different medication besides his Prevacid. Well, that day arrived today. Unfortunately he still spits up often, and is still fussy a lot of the day. I called the doctor and she suggested that the reason he is so fussy when eating could also be because of his tummy. We have to give it FOUR TIMES A DAY though for the next month (which will be hard for me to remember), and continue to give the Prevacid as well. Let's hope this new medicine works!! =) Maybe Brody will be less fussy and feel better when the month is over..... =)


1 comment:
Cheryl...Brody seriously is one of the cutest little boys I've ever seen and I know a cute boy when I see one! :) You are going to have girls knocking down your door in the future...but you just save that sweet boy for Kynlee! :)
Post a Comment