Just wanted to inform everyone how proud I am of my son--he slept the WHOLE NIGHT through last night!! =) He slept from 9:30-7:10 when I had to wake him up to feed him so we could get him to the doctor in time. I am beside myself with excitement as this was the first night that I have had more than 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep (even when he sleeps past 3 am I still wake up for whatever reason...) since he was born!!! I actually had over SEVEN!! =) YAY! The past several nights he has slept til 3:30, then 4, then 5 and now 7:10!! WOW! I am not sure if it will continue but it was nice today! Sadly, though, I am still tired....how crazy is that? I guess I will never fully "catch up" on my sleep, but it was SO NICE!! Great job, Brody!!!!!! =)
~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news, we took Brody to the doctor today for a consultation about what to do for his reflux after our little ER episode. She said we are going to put him back on Axid (had this when he was MUCH younger, but it didn't help by itself), but this time a bigger dose and WITH the Prevacid he's already been taking awhile. She said that these two medications don't have the side effects like the Reglan. She apologized a couple times about the scare that we had and said that it happens like that with some babies. Two of her three kids were on it with no problems. I am just glad this medicine doesn't have side effects! =)
She said as far as the fussy eating goes, since he is still growing (he was 16 lbs. even today so he has only gained 4 ounces since his last doctor's visit 3 weeks ago), he may just be a fussy eater and that hopefully this medicine will work for that, too. But, if not, she said that I shouldn't worry about it because he is obviously eating SOME or he wouldn't be growing. Not sure that I want to totally accept that he "may just be a fussy eater" because it's so frustrating for both Brody and me. I never know if he is truly FULL or not so when he's crying for 45 minutes to an hour when I put him down for a nap I second guess myself almost every time--is he HUNGRY or just MAD/TIRED?? But, I guess I will have to wait and see if this medicine will help his reflux enough that he eats better. His fussy eating makes it VERY difficult to put him on any kind of eating schedule, much less any kind of nap schedule! Maybe he will grow out of this stage REALLY soon....after all, it's only been like this since he was 3 WEEKS OLD! =)
Here are pictures from the doctor:
"I LOVED playing with the paper!! It was so much fun to pull on and kick around!"








3 comments:
Glad to hear he is sleeping throught the night. I hope he keeps it up. I also hope his acid reflux gets better as well. Love the pic of him in the cap. He is just so dang cute.=) It was great talking with you the other day. Love ya
Way to go, Brody! Keep sleeping like that. You can do it!
Yeah for Brody! That is awesome about sleeping that long. I hear you about the "is he tired or hungry" stuff. I remember going through that with Lexie. I would feel soo guilty b/c I was afraid that she was really hungry and I wasn't feeding her. She did eventually outgrow the refux so hang in there. Before you know it Brody will be done with it too!
Post a Comment