Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our New Fence!

Here are pictures of our new fence..... Dave and I both took turns helping Dad build it. I LOVE to help with things like this!! He taught me how to use a circular saw, Skil saw, and chisel, as well as perfect my use of the drill, hammer, and electric screwdriver. I was shown how to properly build a fence so the boards won't split and the posts don't lean. My family is full of perfectionists which is probably why I am one! We had a lot of fun with him here those two weeks!


Dave loves to hammer so he can get out his frustrations from work! There was PLENTY of that to do!

Trying to mark the boards so that Dad could cut off the extra part. This way they would be level all the way across the top....

Drilling holes for the nails to go in so the boards don't split...I had a very efficient system for this that Dad even started using when I couldn't help! =) Dave helped bring the boards to the fence line so they were easier for me to get and drill.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Dad pulled all the old pickets off the far fence so that it would be safer for Brody as well as look nicer for us.... he will come and repair this fence the next time, as well as replace the rotting fence along the backside of our yard.....

Front 1/2 of the fence BEFORE:

AFTER:

Back 1/2 of the fence BEFORE:

AFTER:



This is the neighbor's side....Dad put pickets all the way down to where our neighbor will put his gate so that it looks good for them, too. What a respectful guy!


Here are the three gates he built--one is to go in and out of all the time and the other two are so we can drive a vehicle back there if need be. What a great idea, Dad! And, you can see that he put pickets on both the inside and out so that it looks nice to everyone.

This is the last picture of the fence that I got before everything happenend on Saturday...Dad just had to finish putting the finishing touches on the outside of the far gate and pick up all the tools, etc. We left the right side gates plain on the front so they won't look like gates. Dad did such an awesome job! I know he is proud of his work, and he should be!! =)


Even Brody had fun outside playing several of the days while we worked .... it was very nice weather (70's, sun, and sometimes rain) most of the two weeks!


Dad enjoyed spending time with Brody while he visited as well....
Here he is smiling at my dad...though it's hard to tell! =)

Thanks, Dad, for such a fun 2 weeks and an awesome fence! We enjoyed some DELCIOUS food that we never get to eat as well as great company (and someone else to listen and support me as I practiced letting Brody "cry it out" for all his many naps!!!)! =) We love you, Dad!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Your dad has the right shirt on! ;o) Fence looks awesome!

Michelle Claire said...

Love the fence. It looks great. You all did a great job.=) You should be proud of yourselves. I do not think I could do anything like that. I love the pics of Eddo and Brody. They are so cute. You can see how much he loves his grandson.