Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, September 16, 2007

An Afternoon on the Trail & Jaden's Party

Today after church I went "trail running" for the very first time! Now, I have been on many trails in my life...my dad used to take us hiking and camping all the time as kids and I worked with him one summer in the woods. I also hiked Pike's Peak last year with my Aunt Ann, dad, and brother. But, I have never been trail RUNNING. I went with my friends Justin and Diana while Dave was watching NFL and taking a nap. I thought I would only be running 3 miles with them because I am barely able to run a 5K right now. However, once I was out on the trail, I realized it was much easier (and more FUN!) to run on the trail because there is so much to look at and it's not as hot when the sun can't get through the trees. Because of this, I decided to go the full 5 miles with them! I was proud of myself even though we were doing it at a slow jogging pace! I had to be very careful with the roots/limbs and the terrain could be steep at times, but I had a LOT of fun! Maybe next time I will be able to go farther, and one day even be able to run the whole 10.8 mile trail with them. Thanks Justin and Diana for inviting me! Here are some pics from the afternoon:




As you can see, it is VERY difficult for Diana and I to go anywhere and be serious...... =) We can always turn any situation in to FUN!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Here are some pics from my niece, Jaden's, birthday party Saturday... looks like she had a lot of fun! I am NOT surprised that it is Dora, either! =) Wish I could have been there!



Cayman is getting SO big!!! Such a cutie!

No comments: