Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Friday, September 28, 2007

We can see clearly now, the BLUR is gone... (insert music here)

Wow! It's amazing just how wonderful eye doctors are! =) Dave and I have totally neglected every thing our parents did for us as children, until recently! We FINALLY went to the eye doctor after several years! I think we had both kept the same "30 day contacts" as a permanent pair for almost a year until they finally made us miserable. Tuesday I had to wear my glasses (to which I hear a chorus of "Mrs. Williams, I didn't know you wear glasses" even though I have worn them about 3 times already this year...) because I lost a right lens on the carpet and didn't find it until it was too late. The only replacement I had was a wrong prescription that expired 06/06. Guess it was time for me to go to the optometrist! Dave, on the other hand, kept getting VERY BAD eye infections because of his old contacts. We always thought it was allergies, but I guess it wasn't because he hasn't had problems since Tuesday. On Tuesday we were supposed to go running/biking, but Justin's illness kept us home. That turned out to be a GREAT miracle! =) We were VERY happy with our new eye doctor....his name is Dr. Thomas and he was super nice and knew exactly what to do to help us. The ladies that work in the office were very sweet too...especially since I hate the glaucoma test! They were so patient and answered all our crazy questions. I found out I actually have developed an astigmatism in my left eye and had to get a toric lens (??) to help see 20/20 with that eye. However, the doc said I can now see 20/15 which is BETTER than 20/20! Cool! =) Dave got eye drops to kill the bad bacteria in his eyes and now can see so clearly!! It's amazing that he hasn't had red, watery eyes all week!! We are so glad we finally got in to the eye doctor! =)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




For dinner we went to Olive Garden.......YUMMY! I haven't been in forever because I know that I will HAVE to get the fettucine alfredo, lots of breadsticks, and minestrone soup! BUT, I decided to splurge on the calories and go with Dave to that delicious restaurant. We had fun spending time together and being silly. I am always so grateful for the times like this that God gives us where we can just "hang out"! It doesn't happen so often anymore.......



_______________________________



My husband, the cool and awesome guy that he is, actually got me something that made me "with it" in the technology world that we live in! I NEVER thought I would want an IPOD because I had no reason to use it except to run with at the gym, and even then my thoughts are racing so much that I don't even need music keep me going! However, he got me the latest, and greatest IPOD nano to be on the market. It's apparently only been out for a couple weeks. It's so new, in fact, that we can't find any accessories for it! I will have to wait several weeks to get the arm band for it so I can run with it. I guess now those thoughts will all have to wait and I can have fun listening to some fun music. Dave was so proud to bring it home! He even got my name engraved on it! FUN! =) I listened to it while I was waiting at the eye doctor.......... =)






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Today I bought some new trail running shoes so I am set to go for the trail this Sunday! I hope my toes feel better afterwards this time. Dave will hopefully get his shoes next week, as Justin wasn't able to be at the store to help Dave get his shoes this past Tuesday. Tomorrow I am going to go and see Diana's gymnastic girls perform at the local arts festival called "The Red River Revel". It should be neat, as I have never seen her in her "coaching" mode before! We are also having our monthly class fellowship for Sunday School at the same place we did our rock climbing recently. FUN!! =)

No comments: