Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Rock Climbing, Gymnastics, and Slushes... OH MY!

Yesterday I had a full day, and so did Dave. (Dave had to go to work, which is always a full day on a Saturday when the rest of the world is home with their families........ ) In the morning, I went for a mile and a half jog around the neighborhood. The weather was SO wonderful!! I really enjoyed the running until I realized I hadn't had any water since the day before at lunch! Talk about CRAMPS! OUCH! My sides were in stitches for most of my run, but I still enjoyed being out in God's beauty. I learned my lesson though...next time I will drink LOTS of water AND take a water bottle with me! (I am sure you are all wondering.........YES, I took the new iPod and it was GREAT! THANKS DAVE!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went shopping with friends Jamie, Amy, and Diana for baby shower gifts for a girl in our Sunday School class after the run. She just had a beautiful little baby girl named Chloe. Kara and Shelby, the proud parents, are very sweet and we are just getting to know them. This was the third time I have been to their house in a week and a half! I am sure they are tired of me by now! =) I DO hope to get to know them better in the weeks and months to come though..... After shopping, I went with Diana to the Red River Revel to watch her gymnastics team "perform". I was under the assumption that they would be doing a routine, but when I got there I realized that they were just showing off some of the flips, tucks, etc., that they know how to do. It was fun to watch Diana, and Lora, another girl in our class, be COACHES for a day! Lora's son, Mikey (age--almost 2), was there, too. He is SO CUTE! He is also Dave's little buddy at church. In fact, Dave always tells me that we can have kids ONLY if they are as cute and smart as Mikey is! That is a high standard for our kids to live up to............ =) I will include some pictures of him so you will see what we are dealing with here...... After the gymnastics performance, Diana and I walked around for a bit and then left. We had an ice cream cone from the Montessori School's booth before we left.






Diana helping with a backbend

Mikey looking on as Mommy (Lora) helps a little boy
Here's Mikey--this is Dave's little buddy. Isn't he CUTE?? =)


Diana and I before our ice cream...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michelle, this one's for you.........it was a "SLUSH DAY" yesterday!! It was BEAUTIFUL all day! I have pictures to prove that not only was it beautiful (and that I really enjoyed having my sunroof open), but also that I had a slush just for you! (Yes, it was a strawberry-lime one just like always.......)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The afternoon was full of making deviled eggs for our Sunday School fellowship that evening. I had no idea how hard it was to shell those stupid eggs! My mom always made it look so easy to make them, but even after having the eggs in the fridge for a while, they were STILL hard to shell! It took me over an hour to make them! I was late to the party because of it...... I know now why God did not make me one to LOVE bringing side dishes, desserts, etc. to parties...it's because I STINK at cooking! =) I always thought when I was younger I would be great at cooking for my family. Never have I been so wrong! I canNOT just "throw some ingredients together" like most people can...I tried to do that yesterday and it didn't turn out so well. I think the eggs were overly salty. I DID have compliments, but I think it's because they had desserts and burgers to cover the taste.... =) At least they were eaten and not all thrown away.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I finally got to the fellowship about 15 min. late. Not unusual for me because there is ALWAYS some reason why I can't get places on time. Oh, well. In Shreveport I have learned that is the way of life around here. Very seldom am I so late that there aren't at least 5-10 people later than me.... There were LOTS of people that turned out at the fellowship. (Half of them showed up after I did...) We were very pleased with the turn out. There were about 30-40 people there which was GREAT! =) We had swimming for the little ones, fishing, archery, BBQ, basketball, soccer, rock climbing, and LOTS of time to chat with friends! Dave ended up getting to come about an hour after it started which was perfect timing! We had lots of fun and got to visit with people we don't usually get to hang out with. I am going to post pictures, but you all will have to realize that I took almost 350 pictures yesterday alone... I will try not to post TOO many! =) (Most of the pictures I DID take were for Diana because she didn't have a memory card in her camera yesterday... gee, it's a shame that I had to help her out by taking all those pictures!)



The Host and Hostess (Justin put on the LSU apron just for Dave!)



Megan and Monica: 2 LSU fans--can you tell??


Dave finally arrived! (Doesn't this look like a rehearsal dinner-type picture??) too funny!


I had so much fun watching Olivia play yesterday.
She played while eating Puffs....

with blocks.....

with Jacob...


with the grass during a photo shoot....

with little Mikey.....

and with her parents (Jamie and Chad)! =)



Mikey is showing me his cookie for Dave (his favorite "cookie man"!)

my friend Candice--she and her husband are big Aggie fans! =)
Here's our Sunday School teachers: Amy and Kris with their son, Josh.
Little Josh playing in the water



this is Mikey's parents, Dustin and Lora, trying to race to the top....neither actually made it! =)



isn't this the cutest picture of Mikey and Justin??


stopping for a photo break....




even many of the kiddos got involved! =)


me with my good friends Megan and Diana (notice my "bling"...my earring wanted to shine brightly last night!)

we're all geared up and ready to go!

Dave climbing........

Dave swinging after his climb

me climbing...I actually made it to that opening! yea!

this was the most fun picture of the night! great shot, DAVE! =)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! I love the last one!