It was a SAD day yesterday in the Williams' household! OU lost to Colorado in a 24-27 defeat. They fell 7 spots to #10 in the rankings... =( Next week is the famed "OU-Texas game" at the Cottonbowl, so I hope we can pull it out! Fortunately, Texas dropped to #19 yesterday in a loss to K-State (My friends Kevin and Jennifer will be HAPPY about that win, but so are we!) =) To make matters worse for us, LSU (a rival to us here in LA) is now #1! Aaagghh! I am sure I will hear it tomorrow from all the little LSU fans that are in my class now and that have been in the past! On a brighter note, Dave (being from Lexington, KY) and his family are also huge Kentucky fans, but usually only for basketball. However, this has been a GREAT year for Kentucky football! They are undefeated, and they just moved ahead of OU to the #8 spot! WOW! I know Dave's dad and Uncle Wally will be ecstatic about that rank! =) It's the first time since 1977 they have been in the top 10! So, I guess there really IS a silver lining to this sad story! Oh, and the Cardinals' last game of the season was today! I am so sad that they are not in the play-offs! I guess we can at least say that they won the World Series last year, but they haven't done this poorly in years! There's always next year...just ask the Reds, isn't that right, Jerry?? Maybe by then those young pitchers will be a little better.......... (Kevin and Jenn, maybe there IS hope for those Cubbies this year after all........)


No comments:
Post a Comment