Today Dave and I went to the Monkey Trail for some more trail running. It was a VERY hot day!! Unfortunately we had to run in the afternoon because church is much more important, and that is in the morning. Dave did so AWESOME! He ran a full 2 miles and walked another mile...the most he has ever run!! =) WAY TO GO, HONEY!! I was so proud of him, especially since this was the first time he has run on the trail! He had to drop off while we ran the rest of the 6 miles. It was so hot that we only ran about 3 1/2 miles of it and power walked the rest periodically. Most of the 8 of us were EXHAUSTED by the end because of the humidity and heat. My body wasn't that tired but it was so hard to run in that heat. The goal of all this trail running "training" is to be able to do the half marathon on the same trail in December. I think Diana and I are going to try and do that together--what a GOAL, huh?? =) Who would have thought I would ever want to do that??



Here's a pic of my new trail running shoes. Dave should be getting his next week. They worked so much better today on the trail than my regular tennis shoes did.

When we got home, we found Cuddles under the covers like this:

(I guess she was trying to tell us that we forgot to make our bed this morning!!)


1 comment:
Man Cheryl, You guys are so busy. That is great. I look forward to having a life like that with a husband! Have a lovely Wednesday.
Post a Comment