Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Friday, June 20, 2008

Happy 5th Anniversary to US!

Even though we had our annual anniversary trip a couple weekends ago (and Dave was working on our actual anniversary), we celebrated on Sunday evening by going to Saltgrass Steakhouse at the Boardwalk. It was kind of neat that Dave picked that restaurant because we went to the same restaurant in Dallas for our 1st anniversary. I recently realized that ALL the pictures from our 1st anniversary (and trip to Dallas) were on a corrupted cd, so we have NO pictures from it. I was VERY UPSET the day I found out. I have since come to grips with it, but I am so disappointed. It was nice that Dave took me to a place that reminded of us of that first year--what a sweet guy! =)

I have had lots of time to sit and reminisce about the past 5 years and we have come a LONG way, baby! =) Those first couple years had LOTS of good times, but they were TOUGH! All the adjusting and figuring out of our own personal flaws wasn't easy. However, I would never trade any of those years. They have helped us figure out how to best love each other and show each other appreciation. Plus, we have sure learned lots about ourselves! =) God has done SO MUCH for us over the last five years as well. We have been so blessed! We went through some VERY rough years there at the beginning financially, but we were able to make ends meet with God's constant provision....we always had just enough to meet our needs! It was always so amazing each time we went to pay our bills........... =) Now we are a little more comfortable and at least have enough for me to stay home next year, but we know that ALL of it is from God and His love for us! We do our part to work hard, but only HE is able to provide all that we have. We are so grateful!!! I am so glad I had to wait so long for Dave, too! (hey, 23 years is a long time for a girl who never had a boyfriend til she met her husband!) =) He is the BEST thing that has ever happened to my life! (and it's the only way I would have Little Buddy, too!) I could go on FOREVER about all the awesome qualities that he has, but I don't have enough hours in the day. He is respectful, protective, kind, hilarious, loyal, a Christian, confident, loving, oh-so-CUTE, dependable, laid-back, intelligent, creative, FUN, a hard-worker, and trustworthy. Those are just a FEW of his amazing character traits that I admire about him. I love you so, so, so, so, so much, Honey, and I look forward to EVERY minute that I get to spend with you each day!!! I am so PROUD to be your wife and of all your accomplishments. =) Don't ever forget how much you mean to me!!! Happy 5th Anniversary!!!


Dave's quesadilla and fries...always an interesting combination. =)


I don't know if you can see it or not, but that filet minot was halved so that they could cook it medium well....VERY yummy, but not much there! =)

Super-delicious cheesecake!! This was our favorite cheesecake place until we got Cheesecake Bistro.....
(not sure why the cheesecake picture wouldn't cooperate, but it was frustrating me so it's sideways...sorry!)


I am using my friend, Jennifer's, idea--5 years together, Davey! =) (no, I am not trying to give the camera a high five!!)

No comments: