So recently I have been racking EVERYONE'S brain around here that has young kids and babies trying to figure out just what I am going to be doing this fall and the coming spring. Though I am EXTREMELY excited and thankful that I get to stay home with Little Buddy, I have to admit that I am a little nervous about the "depression factor" setting in. This summer my friends have been inviting me along on their "outings" so I can see just what to expect when Little Buddy is several months old. Some of the outings are free (those are ALWAYS great!) and others cost money, of course. There is quite a variety of things I hadn't thought of. I've been to Gymboree which I love! Chloe (about 9 months old) and Olivia (16 months old) get to go to Art class, Music class, and Gym class throughout the week! I can sign Little Buddy up when he is about 8 weeks old and there are mom-n-baby classes we can go to once a week. Then, I have been to the library with Chloe where they read to the kids and do a craft of some sort. This MIGHT be a bit young for a 9 month old but it is a way to get your kids out and meet people....Chloe seemed to enjoy it though! I have been to the beach and mini-zoo, as well as on walks at the park. Jana and Amy told me about a program that I can sign Little Buddy up for at the Boardwalk when he's born where there is a free kids activity once a month down at the Boardwalk. This month it was at Bass Pro Shop where they showed kids the alligator feeding and fish feeding and gave them a free snack at Sonic. In November (I hear), the kids get to go Build-a-Bear and make a free bear (I think...) which I am excited about if that's the case! =) During the summer there are free movies every week for kids at the Boardwalk as well. I will keep talking to people and find out more that he and I can do together while I am at home. Though most of these activities are for toddlers or older, at least (especially during the earlier months) it will get me out with PEOPLE and possibly meet some other moms like me! =)
Fun at Gymboree
singing at music class
playing with musical instruments at music class

making a sunflower at art class

playing in the tactile table
Gymboree gym
Fun at the Library
"The book is MUCH better here!"
Fun at the Zoo
Josh is excited about the goats
Kailyn and Mason loved the bunnies!


No comments:
Post a Comment