Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Teacher No More............. (at least "professionally")

Wednesday was the day I turned in my keys as a teacher--officially! I had been working so hard to pick everything up (and BOY, was THAT A CHORE!! I'm a terrific pack-rat so there was a LOT to throw away!) that I hadn't had time to sit and reflect on what I was actually doing. It was a very bittersweet day as I thought about all God had allowed me to witness in the lives of children over the last seven years. He has let me be an instrument in many "lightbulb moments", as well as let me experience the love of so many children who look up to me as a true inspiration in their lives (despite ALL my short-comings and short-fuses!). I am truly an honor to have someone see you in that manner. I will greatly miss that part of teaching!!! =) Just seeing the twinkle in their eyes when they look at you is so rewarding! But with all those rewards come many days of stress like you wouldn't imagine! Whew! I am tired just thinking about all that has happened over the last several years! That's all the stuff I will NOT miss (and partly the reason I feel the need to move on at this time). With the coming of a new baby (lots of LOVE, but lots of stress as well), it's not feasible for me to have even more stress compounded on what will already be there. (Dave will DEFINITELY agree on that one!) Who knows, I MAY come back to being a "head teacher" instead of an aide (like I would like to do). God may still have more kids for me to influence in that way in the years to come. But, I am so GLAD that right now is a season in my life where I can be FREE to focus on something that will be so precious to us.....what a BLESSING! Just the thought of not having to go back next fall is such a relief! =) Being able to reflect on everything while I was waiting to be checked-out was such a nice opportunity. It's not very often that I am forced to just sit and think with nothing else to do. So, though I am so completely honored and humbled to have been called by God to be a teacher for so many years, I am also thankful beyond belief that He has now called me to be a MOM!!! =) Here are a few pictures of my classroom (well, I guess it is no longer "my" classroom....) after everything was moved out or thrown away. It's been a VERY long time since I have seen a classroom of "mine" so BARE!!! =(


Though these shelves look somewhat "full", you should have seen them BEFORE I organized everything! I will spare you of those pictures! =) Mrs. Lewis, our "assistant principal" was so impressed with how organized and neat they were! Thanks, Mom for that "organizational gene" that you passed on to me!

Here is a "pictoral essay" of the feelings I was having that morning. Definitely a sad, but joyful day!

No longer a teacher (the only thing I have known in my adult life)....


......but praise God that I don't have the headaches anymore!!!

Sad to have to turn over my keys as a valued employee..........

.......but JOYFUL to be on my own for a time!!!
I'm also going to miss working with such wonderful people everyday. I really enjoyed being around them because they were always so positive and encouraging. I don't have a picture right off hand of the three teachers I worked with day in and day out, but if I did, I would CERTAINLY be positng it!! I will NEVER FORGET how incredibly sacrificial and sweet they have been to me over the years!! I will GREATLY miss you, Lisa, Gina, and Anne!!!!!! Thank you for ALL you have done to help out a scatter-brained girl like myself!

Mrs. Lewis and Mrs. Honea (my principal)

(Mrs. Sherry, Mrs. Nan, Mrs. Denise, and Mrs. Sherri)

Our AWESOME office workers who always had something funny or kind to say to me everyday and did unbelievable tasks to help me SO OFTEN (no matter how busy they were)!

2 comments:

Gina said...

first thought....i cried.....gonna miss you bunches!!

second thought...need to do some furniture swapping from that classroom...i need me some shelves in my room !!!

sorry about typos....doing this one-handed

Anonymous said...

Hi--Am I the only one concerned that you "jumped for joy"?! Youlooked like you were pretty high in the air!

Love the pics

Ruth