MINE
Description: Roast beef and rice, peas and carrots, cranberry apple sauce, mandarin oranges, and a cheddar cheese slice--all very carefully proportioned out and NOT mixed together (or even touching...)
Explanation: First and foremost, I consider myself to have the often negative trait of PERFECTIONISM....sometimes it's good, but most of the time it's very confining and overwhelming. On top of that, I am very organized (usually) and I like to have things a certain way. I DO try to have healthy eating habits overall, and I like everything PLAIN. Though I am free-spirited a times, overall, I like structure (as a teacher you LEARN to be structured if you aren't naturally that way--that's what happened with me). I have a tendancy to be controlling in most situations. I am usually very worried about what people think about me and how I appear to others.
DAVE'S
Description: Rice, black beans, corned beef, sauerkraut, mac-n-cheese, and hot sauce all mixed together on the same plateExplanation: Dave is extremely laid-back...a quality I wish I possessed! Though he likes structure, he is free to do "whatever" also. He doesn't care about things going "just-so" (again, wish I were that way...) and organization isn't a big deal to him. He has such creative thinking and sometimes "beats to his own drum" (some people at work told him the other day that they think sometimes he says and does things "just to make HIMSELF laugh"). He doesn't really care what people think. Dave likes food that TASTES good, not that is necessarily "healthy". He is very passive and is content to sit back and let others take control.
I am SO GRATEFUL for Dave and our differences. We balance each other out so well! He is my calming force since I am so high-strung. He makes me laugh when I am upset or sad. He keeps me grounded because I am so perfectionistic most of the time. I'd like to think I help him in areas, too, but if not, God knew just what I needed when I married him!!! We work together so well (at least MOST of the time!). =)
Who knew that you could get all that out of two plates of food?? I guess I was feeling philosophical for some reason. I am always amazed (and yes, sometimes disgusted) by the foods Dave puts together. I JOKINGLY said, "why don't you put sauerkraut on that, too" since there was some leftover from reuben sandwiches the other day. I didn't think he would actually DO it (and apparently he was thinking the same thing...gross!). =) It DID remind me of my brother, David, also. He used to always do stuff like this when we were younger. I personally think he AND Dave do it just to gross me (and my sister) out! =) Anyway, just a little "thoughtful moment" from Cheryl! Hope you got a little laugh out of the differences between Davey and I! =)


No comments:
Post a Comment