Our little family before we left the hospital
In his little going home outfit--do you know how hard it is to find a newborn sized outfit that isn't "babyish" or frilly looking?? Thanks, Elissa, for sending us this cute little overalls outfit! It was perfect! I'm sure you noticed the OU blanket--wouldn't have been my background of choice but Dave insisted so we used it. Brody was in between cries here...he was NOT happy that morning! Too much going on for such a little boy!
Dave tried using his "calming magic" the whole morning...here we were putting him in his car seat for the first time.
Finally, no tears!!
At home with our Little Buddy
Welcome Home, Brody!! =)
Of course Dave had to immediately acclimate him to the Sooners!! He was calling play-by-plays and telling Brody where he would need to be on the field in the future in order to make good plays in a game!
Bordy's 1st sponge bath....we were very nervous with this. Fortunately my mom was there to give us the step-by-step directions as we frantically tried to calm a screaming newborn!
"MY Daddy....I love you, Daddy!"
Typical 1st bath picture... =)
Mommy and her little towel-wrapped bundle
Daddy and son watching SOCCER after the football game was over....
Brody looks so cute and little in his crib. This must have been a big joke for us as parents because he lasted all of 2-3 minutes TOTAL the two times we tried to put him in his crib for bedtime (despite how calm and ASLEEP he looks in the first picture...)!! He NEVER actually slept in his crib that night, nor has he since. We have tried several times, and even let him "cry for 10 minutes" like the nursery nurses at the hospital suggested. That did nothing except make us cry with him!! It's excrutiating to sit and listen to a newborn scream at the top of his lungs and not be able to do anything about it! That only happened ONCE though for now. We won't try that suggestion again until he's a little older.........
This was us the next morning....after a VERY LONG night of being up the entire night, Mom and I resorted to waking Dave at 5:45 am in order to have him come and calm down his son. So, at the early hour, they watched soccer while my mom and I TRIED to get a little sleep in. Thanks, Honey, for rescuing us! You are a miracle worker (and still are!!)!! =) By the way, this is what it has looked like every night for the past week or so due to the cats being locked in our bedroom while we decide what to do with them....we REALLY miss our bed!!! However, Brody is doing much better at sleeping somewhere besides our arms. We have had him sleeping in the pack-n-play after several feedings a night! =) The crib will be his next stop!
Brody looks so content in his daddy's arms....I can relate. It is VERY comforting being near Dave and in his arms! =) He is the most relaxing person I have ever been around. What a great match for someone who is as high-strung as myself! =) We think Brody may already have some of my dramatics and intensity...yikes! =)
I will try to post some more pictures tomorrow--probably pics of Brody with his grandparents and pics from his first week. I have taken so many pictures of everything that it's hard to search through them all. For now, Brody is in bed and I have to try and catch a little sleep while I can! It will be a long night of feedings for me!!! =)


5 comments:
Brody is so sweet. I love all the pictures! Good luck with everything!
He really is a beautiful baby! I can't get over how cute he is. Congrats to y'all!
Hang in there Cheryl!! Lexie wouldn't sleep anywhere but our bed for the 1st 6 weeks (thank you nursing and recovery!). We then moved her to her pack and play and then transitioned her to her crib. It worked out great! I don't recommend crying either this early in the game. Trust me, he will get into his crib soon enough! He is precious and I can already tell you and Dave are AWESOME parents!!
Yeah, I agree with the previous comment. It's too early to do the "cry it out" method. Newborns generally do not cry for the heck of it. Both of our girls stayed in our room for at least 6 weeks. It's easier when your are nursing....and I am a big advocate for nursing while lying in the bed, as long as you are a light sleeper. Brody will get enough crib time later.
He's amazingly cute by the way (minus the OU stuff).
I love Brody's going home outfit. It is so cute. He really is such a cute baby.=) I just love to see the pictures of him. He gets cuter each time I see him. Also looks so precious in his bed even though he did not sleep in it very long.=) It does get better. Enjoy each moment because before yoiu know it they are 1 and running all over the place like mine.=)
Post a Comment