Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Home for Christmas!

This Christmas I was so excited because I got to actually get to spend a (small) part of it with Dave--the first time in our 5 Christmases together as a married couple. Though there was a fiasco with my plane and flights and whatnot, I was still able to see him on Christmas. =) YEA!


Though Dave had eaten LUNCH at Waffle House that day, he wanted it again for DINNER. So, our Christmas dinner was a healthy helping of waffles, bacon, hashbrowns, and Texas Cheesesteak sandwiches! Mmmmm... =) Anyone jealous yet?? =)
We got so many AWESOME presents this year! THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU THAT SENT US A GIFT! We felt so blessed and didn't really think we needed it all, but are definitely loving them! =) Here are a few of our candids from the evening....


Dave got this OU tablecloth (vinyl) from my dad that is terrific! I think the intended purpose was for OU football parties, etc., but my dad of course lets us use our gifts from him how we want to. A typical guy, Dave immediately proceeded to put it on our kitchen table and it has yet to be removed....it goes WONDERFULLY with the paint job that we worked so hard on LAST January! =) THANKS, DAD! =) Actually, we really like it and I know Dave gets a big kick out of having it on our table.
Dave got me some AWESOME gifts for Christmas that I am so excited about! He got me a terrific new study Bible that has my MARRIED name on it. We have been enjoying reading it together every night since New Year's. It has some great applications in it that are very interesting. He also got me a VERY warm coat (actually ski coat) that I had spotted several times at our friend Justin's sporting goods store. I LOVE it! =) He also got me a "Runner Girl" ornament which was very thoughtful! The last gift was a Tempur-pedic pillow to go with our bed of the same kind....it is SO COMFORTABLE! We should seriously be in a commercial for it because we love Tempur-pedic so much...THANKS, DAVEY!!!!!!! You're the BEST!!!! =)
I got Dave some fun gifts this year. They were definitely not as cool as what he got me, but I hope he likes them. His favorite BY FAR was the Lacoste shirt I got him while in Beverly Hills because he has wanted one for so long. I am glad he liked it. I also got him another shirt while in Santa Monica. He got a couple new ties, some new socks, and DVR to tape all his soccer games that he loves to watch so much. It was fun to watch him open them.


All in all, it was a terrific Christmas that we are so glad to have spent together--FINALLY. Most importantly, we are so grateful for Jesus, who was willing to come to earth, knowing all He would endure, just because He loves us. That is the GREATEST GIFT of all! =)

No comments: