This morning Dave and I sat down and came up with a possible solution to the DREADED chores! I am always so exhausted in the afternoons after I come home from school. The only "prime time" for cleaning is in the mornings because that is the only time I have lots of energy. However, since I can barely get up in time to get ready for work, that leaves no time to clean when I am at my best physically. Since I DO have the BEST husband in the world, he has volunteered to help out with the chores also. He has always had a few chores that he is VERY FAITHFUL in doing, but I am overwhelmed with the others, frankly. We made a list of ALL the chores we have and then Dave picked the ones he would be willing to help with (which were actually 3/4 of them...I was SHOCKED! See, he really IS the best!). We set up a daily chart in which we "scheduled" the chores we would each be happy doing on those specific days. This was Dave's wonderful idea as he says he works better with a schedule. I thought it sounded perfect because maybe it will give me much-needed motivation in the afternoons when I get home KNOWING that I have only a few things to get done. I did really well this morning with my list and got even more accomplished than what was on today's schedule. I really hope this works because we are gonna NEED it when the baby gets here!!! =) It will only become a LONGER list, then!! =) This is our "trial run". I will try to keep you posted.... =)
PS. Only FIVE more days until we hopefully find out what the baby is!!!!!! =) =) =) We are so excited!!!!
Fall Carnival
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment