Yesterday I got called from the office to go and see my principal during recess and an aide would come watch my class. I was actually VERY nervous because our principal usually doesn't ask to see us, especially like that. While I was waiting in the office for Mrs. Honea to get finished with her phone conversation, one of the secretaries said she wanted to go and show me something. I asked her if it was something bad and she said, "No". She walked me to the fellowship hall and I thought we might be going to see the two showers that were set up for faculty meeting for two other teachers. However, when she opened the door there were all 23 of my students, along with several parents and grandparents shouting, "SURPRISE!" I was STUNNED and in AWE! I couldn't believe that they would do something like that for ME! =) There was a beautiful (and yummy) cake, lots of gifts, and decorations on several of the tables! WOW! =) It was so sweet of all of them!!!! I never cry at anything, but if I did, this would have been one of those moments because I was so humbled and taken aback by their extreme thoughtfulness. The kids were SO EXCITED to throw this for me apparently because they were hanging all over me and swarming me when I sat down, trying to hand me all the gifts. =) It was so cute! I couldn't believe all the nice things they gave me! And, surprisingly enough there weren't any duplicates and there was such a HUGE variety of items! =) I couldn't wait to show Dave!!! =) I think the two most incredible things about it was that not a SINGLE student gave even one hint all day about it (VERY tough for an excited 3rd grader!!!), and so many parents took off work to do this on such short notice when this week has MANY other events they could have taken off for with their child. It all meant SO MUCH!!! THANK YOU TO ALL MY STUDENTS AND THEIR PARENTS!!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!
One of the moms (who is also a friend of mine) made me this very cute sports-themed diaper cake! I was so excited that I got one for our son's room!! I have made several for other people and they are so much fun to make. (BUT, they are even MORE fun to get!!!) THANK YOU, ELIZABETH!
1 comment:
Isn't fun to have all kinds of baby stuff at home? It makes it feel so official and real! Looks like you got all kinds of fun things. What a sweet class!
Post a Comment