Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, January 15, 2009

1st Family Vacation

In less than an hour we will be attempting (well, I guess actually it won't be attempting since we WILL be going regardless...) to head out on our 1st family vacation, of sorts! =) We are headed to Oklahoma to visit Dave's parents for his mom's birthday. I know they are THRILLED that we are coming! We are leaving this evening so that Brody will (hopefully) sleep most of the way there since it's about a 7 hour drive....good luck to us!! =) I am so thankful that their are TWO of us! Still not sure how people travel alone with a newborn, but I know several friends that have done it successfully! I will let you know how it goes. Please pray for us tonight and especially for our trip back--we have to travel during the day then! =)
I apologize for not posting much this week. We have been busy and Brody has had a few rough days. He's so fun though and although he is getting much more needy, it's fun to see his development! He laughed for me SEVERAL times for me yesterday for the first time and that was so much fun!! I was laughing so hard myself because it was so stinkin' cute!!! =) Wish I had video--tried to get him to do it for Dave this morning and he wouldn't. Silly boy! I guess God gives you some sweet moments like that to help get you through all the tough moments. =)
Here are a couple cute pictures to tide you over...

Smiling for Daddy

Started sucking his thumb a LOT this week...used to be any part of his hand and now he's getting more specific. Oh, and he is sucking it "correctly"--straight back instead of sideways. And, it still doesn't "soothe" him to get him to sleep like it did for me when I was a child. I guess that comes with time??

So HANDSOME!!! =) (this was his "party outfit" for his first birthday party attendance)


Chipper actually sat in the chair WITH us for the first time this week!!
AND, he actually let Brody PET HIM! Wow! Take a look at that line of drool coming out of Brody's mouth! PRICELESS! =)
Sitting with Daddy during a soccer game while Daddy slept (as you can see, Brody DIDN'T--such is our life!!). This hasn't happened in a while because Brody is so FIDGETY!!! =)

Holding his bottle for the first time...doesn't happen often now, but he is starting to get the hang of it! =)

Graduated to his "big boy" changing table this week....and started bringing his legs way up! (I never thought this would happen because he is the LEAST flexible baby I have ever seen!)

1st time to do tummy time at Gymboree without bolster

Smiles for Grandma in his Snoopy outfit! She LOVES Snoopy! Thanks, Michelle, for sending this to us so my mom could be pleasantly surprised! =)
So, see, LOTS has happened! And this is only the TIP of the iceburg!! See you after our trip!! Gotta finish packing!!! =)

1 comment:

Babymakes3forthesullivans! said...

He is growing so fast Cheryl. He's so handsome!! Looks like you guys are having a wonderful time!! Hope you have a great trip and I can't wait to see pics.