Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Much Better Day!

Today was a MUCH better day! He got two good naps this morning which started off our day with a more positive note--Dave and I even got a full 1 1/2 hour nap as well. This afternoon despite all I tried, the only nap I could get him to take was by driving on the loop around Shreveport--he got a 45 minute nap that way. Otherwise, the little stinker avoided his naps like the plague!! =) But, he wasn't near as fussy, so that's easier to take. We have our good days, bad days, and everything in between. I will take them all as long as Brody is in them! =) Parenting is NOT easy and is so stressful most days (I wouldn't consider Brody an "easy baby"), but it's so rewarding...these smiles prove it! Here are a whole slew of smiles for you! =)
Grins early this morning.....

Hiding his cute little smile!

This is during his almost 2 hour long nap this morning! That's VERY uncommon these days! I guess he knew he would need to get his rest in early since he would be up late tonight!

He sucks on his thumb and fingers and hand all the time, but I seriously hope he isn't a thumb-sucker like I was! Oh well, if he is, then that's the way God made him! =)

It's hard to see here, but the way he sucks it is very interesting...he puts it in sideways instead of straight back...

I caught lots of smiles on the changing table this afternoon...

It's so crazy how long he is getting....when we first brought him home, we put wipes and other necessities at the top of the table. There's NO WAY we could do that now! =)

I love seeing his little dimple!

Big grin!

These were taken this afternoon when he was supposed to be taking a nap...he was in his bed almost an hour talking to himself, playing with his hands, and blowing bubbles. (He also did that tonight when he was supposed to be going to bed!)

I went in at the end of his "nap time" and he was all smiles! Little goober!

LOVE this one! =)

So even though OU didn't pull off a win tonight, we got Brody dressed up in his OU onesie anyway. He spit up all over it soon after we put it on him! =) Dave was pretty upset about the game--he turned it off with 3 minutes left.

Brody says, "Better luck next year, Sooners!"
I say, "I'm sad OU didn't win, but at least it was a terrific person that did...Tebow is a GREAT guy!"

1 comment:

Michelle Claire said...

Glad to hear yesterday was better for you. Brody gets bigger by the minute. His smile is just so cute. I can't believe he is sucking his thumb. If he is one, like mine, they will outgrow it at some point if not I am going to get them that stuff for their thumb. Love the pic of the two of you in your OU shirts.