Yesterday was a full day of fun and excitement. We were able to do a lot of playtime together and see more of his ever-developing skills. What a fun day!
"Now, Brody, this is Red Head, the Caterpillar. He is your friend. He will let you chew on him so you can soothe your gums...."
"Dad, I got this! Remember, you are always telling me how STRONG my legs are..."
Brody: "Wow, look, Dad! Those circles are so colorful!"Dave: "Hmmm. Really? I don't get it..."
"Hi, Mom!"
Yesterday morning was FULL of this! All the crying makes me so sad (and somewhat stressed!). I always want to help him but most of the time don't know how. We have figured out that he probably is teething (Dave's mom and sister both reassured my instinct that it MAY be teething time when I was in Oklahoma....my friend Gina tipped me off a week or so ago). Since I figured the crying yesterday was due to pain (he wasn't hungry, tired, wet, or gassy), I went and bought some teething tablets that several friends had suggested. However, on my way out of Walmart ( AFTER purchasing the $6 tablets), the pediatrician returned my call and told me to use Tylenol instead because the tablets have caused kids to hallucinate...go figure! I DID scratch my head in wonder as to how they even knew the kids were hallucinating! But, regardless, those tablets are still in the Walmart bag on my table and we have used Tylenol instead. He seems to do much better after we give him Tylenol. He eats a little better and isn't QUITE as fussy most of the time... =) I hope to see less and less of this sad little face!!
Yesterday, I really noticed that Brody was starting to grab at things and pull them to him more than usual. I looked over and he had the caterpillar in his mouth! Not surprised that it was in his mouth, but surprised that he had picked it up! He's doing so much everyday!!
He actually remembered that the antenna were for chewing like Daddy showed him before he left for work.
No comments:
Post a Comment