Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Friday, January 9, 2009

Impromptu Photo Shoots

WARNING: LONG POST TO FOLLOW--I'VE BEEN WANTING TO GET MOST OF THESE PICTURES UP FOR WEEKS SO I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LENGTH AND THE AMOUNT OF PICTURES AT ONE TIME. KEEP IN MIND THAT AT A COUPLE OF THESE "PHOTO SHOOTS" OVER A HUNDRED PICTURES WERE TAKEN SO I HAVE PICKED OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES FOR EACH SHOOT...
Back when Brody was much younger, I wanted to try out some different poses that I had seen on photography websites with infants. Obviously mine aren't nearly as good since I don't have the "professional equipment," but it was fun to try and pose a newborn. I realized those photographers have a gift--newborns are very hard to work with when they are as squirmy and active as Brody! This particular shoot was when he was 6 weeks old (November 6) and shot in our oversized chair. Not only did the battery run out in my SLR camera, but he apparently had a little accident as well and I didn't even realize it until I changed cameras!! The expression on his face during and after the accident are PRICELESS! I had to open my "photo vault" and share these with you because they still make me laugh! And, since I was trying to hurry and clean him up with whatever I could find nearby, I didn't realize he was still dirty all over his backside and back! Oops! I was just trying to shoot the pictures very quickly so he wouldn't do it again! Too funny!

Photo before all the mishaps
"Uh Oh! Daddy's gonna kill me! I'm ruining his chair!!"

"Please don't look, Momma. You won't like what you see..." (As he is laying in his puddle...)

"Oh great, now they're REALLY gonna be mad!" (As he is doing his other business...)
Here he is, totally embarassed, laying in his puddle of pee and poo....poor little guy! (You have to look close and you can see a little of his yellow BM behind him...)


Don't worry...I got everything cleaned up all spic-n-span. I was actually laughing because how could I get so lucky to have him do BOTH?? The only thing that had me really worried was that it might have run down the inside of the chair...that would have been pretty bad because it would have been almost impossible to clean! But, thankfully, it didn't, and since the chair is leather, I wiped it all right up and sanitized it (just in case you ever come to my house, you CAN sit in that chair and won't have to worry!).
All cleaned up and very bashful! I don't blame him! =)

"Ok, I think I'm ready, Momma."

Sweet face
He doesn't make this face anymore...how sad! It's so CUTE and I miss it!

"Oh, this chair is BIG & COLD!"

The perfect little subject!
Showing off his hamstrings....I don't think he understands that he's gonna be an athlete, not a model! =)

Shot without the flash, but he looks so peaceful here!

~~~~~~~~~~
The day before the "Oversized Chair" shoot, I took Brody outside in the fall leaves and let him sit in his Bumbo as I took some pictures. These turned out so well! He had just learned to use his Bumbo so his neck muscles were still a little loose. However, I thought he did so well for his first official outdoor shoot!
Lots of "squinty" shots....
LOVE this one!! =)
This is what many of the pictures turned out like...these really make him look like a "newborn". Otherwise, he never really looked like a newborn to me....
So grown-up looking...
"Say WHAT??"

"I'm SO over this! Can't you see that I just spit up??"
~~~~~~~~~~
For Christmas pictures, my sister Liz was kind enough to go with us to Norton's Art Gallery here in town to take our Christmas card pics (on December 2). I will admit I wasn't the nicest as I was a little stressed because Brody was very fussy and I knew I had to get them done or Dave would have no other day to do them. I apologize to Liz, Dave, and Brody again! ={ Despite it all, Liz did manage to get some pretty good shots that day, and I was able to get creative and get a few of my favorite shots to date. Liz, you did an AWESOME job!!! Thanks so much for being willing to do them! (And, thanks, Dave, for putting up with me that day!) Here are some that weren't on the Christmas card, as well as some that were.

This was when we got him out of the stroller...he was still sleeping. I am sure by the end of the morning he was wishing he could have stayed that way!
One of my absolute favorite pictures I have taken of Dave and Brody together...
LUNCH BREAK!
Our photographer for the day: Lizzy! =)
Just one of the MANY pictures we have with Brody crying...
SWEET picture!
Awww....
Beautiful impromptu family photo!

~~~~~~~~~~
This morning we opened Brody's Christmas presents from his Aunt Mary & Uncle Karl, and cousins Wes & Joe. The box arrived yesterday and we didn't have time to open it. How unfortunate because look at the cute onesie they sent Brody! Of course, since he was in a good mood, I had to get some pictures of him in it. Maybe if he would have been wearing this last night, the Sooners would have pulled off a win at the National Championship. Oh, well! Brody is still super cute in his onesie and we will let him wear it with pride! =)
Trying to be serious...

Love his eyelashes! I promise we didn't teach him to "boo", but apparently he still knows how!

"OU!!"

Knows they lost and still doesn't care--he loves his OU team!

"YAY!!"

"I'm so silly!"
~~~~~~~~

So almost exactly one month ago I took pictures of Brody in the little scrubs his Aunt Michelle got for him stating his birth info. They are adorable! The first photo shoot (on December 8) he would have NOTHING to do with the camera or the scrubs.... Today, he was a little fussy about them, but I still got some decent ones of him before they are WAY to small! =) Look how much he has changed in just ONE month!! WOW!


1 comment:

Michelle Claire said...

Thanks for sharing the scrubs pics. He is so cute in them. I am glad he was able to fit in them. Hopefully now you can put them in a shadow box to display. I still want to do that one day with my kids stuff. One day when I actually have time, ha ha.=) Love all the other pics too. The one with him peeing is a favorite. Where was the pee pee tee pee?=)