Today marked a historical moment in the United States. While I am a bit nervous about the next four years, I know God is still in control and that gives me hope. I will be praying
2 Chronicles 7:14 over our nation and the decisions our new president makes though:
"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." I am so glad God hears our prayers and FORGIVES us! I am VERY grateful for this free country that we have, as well as the service of President Bush for the last 8 years. I could NEVER be a president--there is WAY too much responsibility (and scrutiny from all sides). May God bless the Bushes as they start their new lives as "private citizens" and let President Bush know he did a great job serving our nation. I will continue to pray for President Obama that he will lead our nation in the right (& Biblical) direction.
Since I have either been a student or a teacher for every other Inaguration, I decided I would watch my first one today. It just so happened to be an important one, too. Dave and Brody watched it with me as well. This was actually ALL of our 1st Inagurations! How neat!
Enjoying Aretha WAY too much!
Brody is trying to hang on while Daddy dances to Aretha!
Daddy and Brody watch the Inaguration
Just one of the crowd....
President Obama taking the oath
Brody is thinking "Oh brother, why ARE we watching this? Like I understand what is going on!"
President Obama getting sworn in
No comments:
Post a Comment