Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Blogs Unite

This afternoon I had the awesome opportunity to meet someone that I have "known" for probably a year. My blogger friend, Amanda, had a little boy exactly 6 weeks after Brody was born, and I have been following her blog since she was a few months along in her pregnancy. Jamie "introduced" me to her way back then because she and Amanda's husband, Josh, were best friends growing up. So when she found out her "two best friends were having babies at the same time", she was rather excited and told me about Amanda's blog. It was really neat seeing all the similarities in our pregnancies (and lives) throughout the time I followed her story. Now that she has had Eli, it's even more uncanny the similarities our sons have! It's like we are living similar lives, just 3 1/2 hours apart. Crazy, yet cool!

She is originally from Shreveport, and while visiting her parents this weekend, she invited me to meet her at the Boardwalk. What a fun time we had! Amanda was just as sweet in person today as she seems on her blog. I am so glad I got to meet her! Her little boy, Eli, is so handsome. He is just as active as Brody and it was fun to see him in action (and not just on a video!). =) Brody wasn't his normal self today. Dave said he got so excited to meet Eli that this morning he just laid in his bed for an hour and a half and played instead of napping! =) Therefore, he was very tired when the moment finally arrived. How sad! It's ok though because Amanda said we are going to have to plan a playdate for them this summer when they visit again. Sounds perfect to me. We can't wait! =)

I had forgotten that they had the same strollers (by coincidence) so when Amanda pulled up it was so cute that they were chillin' by each other in the same "ride"! =) Brody was PASSED OUT--it was still his first nap of the day despite all his mommy's efforts that morning. He only had a 35-40 minute nap ALL DAY!

Eli checkin' Brody out....or was he checkin' Brody's stroller out?
"Hey, I have one JUST like this!"

Eli looked so adorable in his little hat...he and Brody have great taste as Brody has several of the same style!

Finally meeting in person!
(Eli liked Brody's shoes....so funny!)

Eli loved being with Brody! He kept wanting to touch or pull on him the whole time. Brody was still half asleep and appearing MUCH calmer than usual or he may have been doing the same thing! =)


Our two cute little boys!


It looks like Eli wanted to either give Brody a hug....or wrestle him to the ground! =)

Brody was finally awake enough to notice his new friend....

Nana never gets to hold Brody when she comes because Olivia gets a little jealous and wants her Nana IMMEDIATELY! However, today she was preoccupied and Nana got to hold him. He looks so grown up in this picture!

Nana got to meet Eli for the very first time today even though they live in the same (small) town. =)
Holdin' each other's babies.... Eli was so LIGHT! I'm used to my heavy ball of energy! =)


"Come play with me, Brody."

The Wilson's: Amanda, Josh, and Eli

Amanda hasn't seen Livi since she was about 5 or 6 months old and this was the first time Jamie met Eli.
Amanda, me, Diana, Jamie
It's neat because Diana ALSO knows Amanda! They danced on the same team in high school. Such a small world! I was really glad that Diana could meet us down there so she could meet little Eli, too. =)
Smiling at Diana

Having fun while Mommy was pushing him in the parking garage.... he always laughs when I push the stroller and let go or run while pushing him. I can't wait to start jogging with him! Not too much longer!! =)

Here's the best picture of his teeth I have gotten so far....just wanted to share it! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you win the "who's gonna put it up first" contest!

Amanda said...

LOL! I love Jamie's comment :) I have so much to blog about this weekend, I don't know when I'm going to get the time to finish it all! It was so fun to meet all of you finally. We'll have to do it again the next time we come in :)