I am so proud of my little man! He graduated to Level 2 at Gymboree yesterday!! Over the last week he has improved his sitting ability so MUCH that Mrs. Kelly took one look at him and said, "He's READY!" So at the end of class, Brody had his little graduation ceremony for the completion of Level 1. I was very proud of him, but also a little sad because we have LOVED having Mrs. Kelly and Jamie as our teachers! We will get to meet our new Level 2 teacher after Shreveport's Spring Break (which is next week). Too bad Daddy couldn't be there for this special day! =(

This right here, my friends, is why Brody graduated! What terrific little sitter!!
Since I haven't posted very many pictures of his weekly Gymboree classes, I have decided to post more than just the Graduation Ceremony. Brody happened to be the only baby in his class that day, where we had been having anywhere from 3-10 babies per class. It worked out well though because Kelly got lots of one-on-one time with him, which she LOVES! =)

Tummy time with the mirror and balls (the mirror is a trademark for Level 1...guess we won't be having that anymore!). Notice his blanket is ON the mirror when we first started out this activity....


Livi came in the room and joined in the fun. She and Jamie were waiting on us to finish our class so we could finish running errands.... =)

Now notice where Brody ended up by the end of the 7-8 minutes! He had pushed himself that far away from the mirror! So active!!

Mrs. Kelly singing our warm-up songs to Brody.... usually she demonstrates the songs on a stuffed Gymbo clown. Not today! =)

He loved having Mrs. Kelly sing to him!

Later in the class, he was pushing off of her knees and LAUGHING so hard!! =)
Bubble time!!!

Remember how Brody was just starting to do "crawling position" a couple days ago? Well, yesterday he was up on his hands and knees A LOT (during the class AND at home)!

Brody was laughing and smiling during the parachute time--that has always been one of his favorite times and he had just started smiling at te parachute. Today was his first time to actually laugh and get so excited about it!! =) It was fun watching him!!

He loves the Gymbo puppet, too! We have one at home that I use to sing to him often. I can almost always get a smile out of him... =)
It was amusing watching Brody throughout the class because he kept wanting to do his own thing. Poor Mrs. Kelly had a whole lesson prepared and Brody wanted NOTHING to do with it! He kept wanting to roll around and do his own thing! Guess that's another sign that he was ready to move on! =)
GRADUATION CEREMONY
In Level 1, Kelly likes to get one of the big innertubes to put the babies in when they graduate to the next level. Then they get to play with all the balls at one time--I think they LOVE that! Today was no different! Brody was the STAR for the day (too bad his friends weren't there to celebrate with him....). =)
When Brody was born it was hard for me to imagine this scene would take place so soon...I am still kind of in awe that Brody is able to sit up so well and actually play with Olivia now! For now I think she likes doing things for him, but pretty soon I'm pretty sure she won't know what happened! HER Brody will no longer just sit there and let her do it all! =)
After a fun-filled day at Gymboree, these two munchkins were KNOCKED OUT! We had to run to Bossier really quick right after class and this is what was happening in the back seat....I think they appreciated the drive! =)
2 comments:
Such cute pictures! Looks like so much fun, too!
I know jealousy is wrong, but I really wish we had a Gymboree. It looks like so much fun! Love all the pictures. Congrats on graduating, Brody!
Post a Comment