Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Food Fun!

I know, I know! It's been forever since I have updated! There are LOTS of excuses--computer hard drive only has 1.93 GB of memory left (therefore no way to download my pics from the camera in order to edit them....ggrrrr!!!!!!), VERY busy with a SIX month old (he's so so so so much fun these days!!!!), lots of family here the last couple months, a routine to get things done around the house that DOESN'T include time for blogging (either updating OR reading other blogs--things I miss terribly!!), and just plain TIRED! =)



The GREAT thing about not blogging has been that I have had much more time to make sure the house is picked up, organized, and as stress-free as possible! Clutter makes me VERY stressed, which I am sure is hard for my friends and relatives to believe.... I am not usually known as the tidiest person... =) BUT, now I am MUCH better!! My house has been cleaner and more organized in the last two months than it has since I went to college! WOW! Strange considering that I have more responsibilities now with a child......... =)





The only problem is that I rarely have any "ME" time because every break I get when Brody is napping, I am doing something around the house. Oh, well. You win some, you lose some! In a perfect world, I would have plently of ME time, as well as Mommy-Brody time (you know, those rare opportunities to just sit and hold him for hours while he sleeps with NOTHING on your mind! Ha!), chore time, and sleep time.......... But, since this is not a perfect world, I will do what I can to make the most of what little time I do have for all those things. I am doing a pretty good job over all now that Brody is a MUCH HAPPIER and CONTENT BABY!!!! =) Those first four and a half months were TORTURE many days!! I LOVE spending time and playing with Brody now! We get to do so much more together.... He makes me smile and laugh ALL DAY LONG now! =) We still have our moments, but I am much less stressed. We hope constant fussing and crying are things of the past! What a change!! =) I am so THANKFUL!!!






He has been eating lots of solid foods these days. We didn't really start him on rice cereal until after he turned 5 months because he wasn't ready for it--he kept pushing it out of his mouth when we would put it in. After we started it, we did the 2-3 weeks of cereal Dr. Cockrell suggested before trying anything else. Since then, we have added peas, green beans, squash, peas again (we thought he had a slight reaction because he threw up one morning after eating them and the doctor told us to hold off and try again in a week or so--we now think it was just a stomach bug or something because he has been fine since the second offering), and today we tried prunes.... He has liked everything he has tried so far, which is a HUGE shock to me because he is so picky on what kind of formula he will drink and the temperature (very warm) it must be. The first couple bites are always funny, but he just chows down after the initial shock. I hope this continues with the rest of the foods. I am getting so anxious to feed him more new foods. Three days between seems like FOREVER when there are at least 10-12 foods to go through! =) He has been getting constipated a lot with the rice cereal, so I am going to try oatmeal next and see if that helps (if the prunes don't!).



This was the other day at lunch when I fed him peas (again) mixed with rice cereal. He was FILTHY afterwards (and apparently LOVED it)!
You can't see his hands/arms in these photos, but believe me, they were just as covered as his face and hair and bib! =) I love feeding him!! (Don't you love the sushi bib in honor of my sister?? I found it at Burlington and thought it was PERFECT for her little nephew!!)



This was his introduction to prunes today:

As you can see, his always ready to eat! He loves using a spoon to eat!

Ewww....guess it wasn't as good as he thought it would be! =) Such a cute little face!!

After I mixed it with the cereal he ate it much better....and loved chewing on his spoon!! This is a daily thing. He helps feed himself and gets mad when you try to take the spoon away even though there's no food on it! Silly boy!


He chewed on the spoon so long that there was almost nothing left on his face afterwards (and the prunes that were there were dried on and difficult to get off!). Too funny!

2 comments:

theglenns556 said...

Glad you are back. And, glad to know Brody isn't as fussy. I know that was tough on you. He is still the cutest little boy I think I have ever seen. (says a lot since I have one!) Enjoy these days. They go by so quickly!

Amanda said...

Glad for the update! I've been wondering what has been going on in your world :) Brody is so cute! I'm glad he enjoys baby food. I'm like you. I can't wait for Eli to try all the food out there, too! So far we've only tried rice cereal (tolerates), oatmeal (LOVES), applesauce (hates), and sweet potatoes (LOVES). Good luck with your little man! Oh, Josh and I are coming your way next weekend to visit my parents. We should try to get together and actually meet face to face. What do you think?