Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Monday, November 30, 2009

Some Fun with Grandma and Grandpa Ed





Even though it's a known fact that my parents are no longer together, I am so grateful that they get along well enough to be at family functions together and it's not awkward for anyone.  Thanks, Mom and Dad, for making it easier on us as kids!  I know it's not that way for most divorced families, but fortunately for ours, it is! =)

Dad came for breakfast after Thanksgiving, then stayed til the afternoon to spend some time with Brody and I while Dave worked.  Mom went to the Black Friday sale at Walmart (glad it was her and not me!! LOL!), and Dad, Brody and I went to Tractor Supply of all places!  I never thought I would ever set foot in there, much less on Black Friday!  So Brody's first Black Friday experience was a mild one! =)  Dad had to get some wheels for our gate, so we tagged along.  


Hanging out in the cart waiting on Grandpa to get just the right wheels...


His sheep was MUCH more entertaining than all the stuff in the store (well, except for the nuts and bolts, but fortunately he was in the cart and could only reach so far....hehe).


We got home a little before Mom did.  When she arrived, she played with Brody while Dad and I worked on the fence because we found out Brody was TERRIFIED of the Skil Saw and drill!!  (They're loud noises, remember??)  He could even hear it inside and was sobbing...poor thing! At least we had the push-car so he could get away for a bit!





Hi, Mom!  We're back!


Is this thing on???
I found this piano in the garage....it was one of the "steals" I found at the rummage sale that I found the push-car at.  I only paid $5 thinking it would be a while before he might like it.  Boy was I wrong! =)  He loved it!!!!


You can see his huge grin!  He loved to dance to the pre-programmed music on the keyboard.  Mom and I tried to help him understand what the microphone was for, but he was still a little unsure... =)


Grandma, you're funny!


After Dad was done with the fence, he came in for a little Brody time...here he's telling him all about how to save the world. Just kidding... =)





Got some cute ones of them...it's been awhile since Brody was cooperative when I was getting a picture of him with Grandpa! =)


me and my daddy....and son! =)

Later that afternoon after Dad left, Mom and I took Brody to the park where it was a little colder than we had anticipated!!  Fortunately I had a jacket already in the car for Brody and I (my dad taught me to "always be prepared...").  BUT, being the nice daughter that I am, I let my mom borrow it. =)
Watching the ducks and geese











They had the best time at this window!  Brody smiled and smiled!





Wheee!!!!





Despite the several "smiling" pics I have included in the blog of Brody in the swing, usually he's not a big fan and fusses almost as soon as I put him in it...  BUT, these are much cuter to share, right?? =)  I can usually get ONE (maybe 2) pics of him smiling by acting silly before he fusses!


SO, I have mentioned SEVERAL times about how Brody loves dogs...here's another couple pictures for proof! =)  This dog was  around us often that evening and Brody always ran over to her with the biggest smile!  Wonder if he will ever be scared of them?? =)


Wish his eyes were open, but you can see how happy he was!  The owner was sure nice to let Brody try and grab at her dog so often (and the dog was very kind not to nip at Brody!)!


LOVE these pics of Brody and his Grandma!! =)


It's so funny that he will hold other's hands without fussing but usually refuses to let me hold his! =)





I'm free!!!!





Just some cute pics of Daddy and Brody at bath time...Brody discovered the use of the stool!





I'm sure Dave wished he could go to sleep but we had a BIG DATE that night!! =)





He rarely lets anyone hold him while he eats, but the last couple weeks he's getting a LITTLE more tolerant, so I jump at the chance when it comes!! =)  I know it won't be too much longer before he will be too big to be held, regardless of if he wants me to or not!





While Dave and I went and saw "The Blindside" (INCREDIBLE MOVIE, by the way!! I HIGHLY recommend it! So glad we were able to go to the theater to see it!!), Mom stayed at the house for us while Brody slept.  It's so hard to get away and have dates, so we were very thankful she forced us out of the house. =)  We love you, MOM!!!!!

No comments: