This year's Turkey Trot was a little different. It was just a small number of us like the first year I ran it and instead of being a trail run in the woods, it was on the parkway. Not as exciting, but still fun when you are with the right people. ;-) I wasn't sure if I was going to run or not since I hadn't run for a couple of months, but before the race, Josiah convinced me to run with him (the reason for the earphones in my ears...). I didn't know at this point that it was on the road or I would have probably said no way. I'm much more a fan of trail runs than road races!! When the race started, Josiah bolted off through the crowd and left me in his dust, so I hung back with Mom and Dave....hope I didn't disappoint any of you by not running! LOL! The three of us jogged a very short distance, then walked the rest of the way. I enjoyed being able to chat and spend time with them, so it all worked out well. Our time wasn't that great, but there was a HUGE crowd of people in front of us at the start, so I'm sure we had to knock at least a couple minutes off our time.... It wasn't about time though, just fun, and FUN we had! =) Here are a few pics from the race...
The gang: Josiah, me, Dave, Mom
(small side note...Brody's pediatrician, Dr. Cockrell, took this for us. Didn't know her husband was a runner, but he apparently is. She was with her little boy who is 2 and has almost ORANGE hair, so she can sympathize with the dramatics Brody has when he's upset! LOL! Her little guy is a cutie! It was our first time to see him in person as we've only seen him in photos til today.)
me and my man!
anyone see a resemblance here?? hahahaha!
the start...over half of the runners had already passed through by this point.
Mom and Dave jogging...hey, everyone has to run SOME during a race, right? =)
all the runners....if you look WAY in the distance, you can see all the VERY tiny people....I love big races! the bigger, the better! (and this isn't even one of the big, big ones!)
More runners...well, walkers by this point. =)
If you look closely, you can see Josiah...he's in the Carolina blue shorts. He was WAY WAY WAY ahead of us!
Liked the cool bridge in the background...you will notice it in several pictures. =) One of the only cool pieces of scenery on the whole race which is why I like the trail SO much better!!
Davey and I with the bridge! (at least we weren't the last ones...lol!)
We KIND OF have a fall here....at least as far as color-changing trees are concerned. Keep in mind it's the end of November and there are STILL green trees....thank goodness I live in the south! I love green because it means LIFE! =)
I DO like this little trail along the parkway...Dave and I used to ride our bikes on it. It follows the Red River all the way to downtown.
Our very slow time, but who cares, right? =) (Remember to take about 4 minutes off it...hahaha!)
Josiah is the winner again this year (at least in our group!)....
Back at home with our Little Buddy....He hung out with Granny and Grandpa again this year while we were at the race. They always have fun playing, but then again, I guess that's what babies/toddlers like to do, right?? =) I like how, once again, he unknowingly coordinates with us...LOL!
We will see how next year goes...I was thinking about doing a marathon with my friend, Diana, next November so I'm not sure if I will be walking this or running it...only time will tell!! =)





No comments:
Post a Comment