Since I have more picture storage now (I had to purchase more...), I am including LOTS AND LOTS of pictures! =) Some days have more pictures than others simply because there were more activities we did that day in most cases. Enjoy! =) Oh, and for the record...I will NOT be doing a post this way again...took WAY too long! LOL! =) I'm sure you are saying, "Whew! Thank goodness because that is WAY too much Brody for one session!!" =)
10/1/09
amazes me that he is still able to sleep sideways in his bed...
10/1/09
amazes me that he is still able to sleep sideways in his bed...
shopping with mommy at the Boardwalk...he loves the fountain!
a random guy was in the background making him smile...glad though because i sure wasn't able to crack him! =)
hello, sir! =)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/2/09
he finally started drinking from a bottle on his OWN, but mostly he just drank as he walked around...
mmm...MILK! it does a body good!
love how his hair made a heart.... i told you these pictures were random!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/3/09
Brody had the BEST time laughing and giggling with me in the car on the way to the grocery store! Once we got there, I just continued to play with him and make him laugh...this was the day he started waving his arms when he got excited. At least, it was the first time I noticed it...I'm sure he was doing it before them!
He looked so grown-up in this picture....sheesh!
That afternoon we headed to Mason and Kailyn's birthday party. Mason turned 3. So many people at church think Brody and Mason are brothers....hmm...could it be the red hair?? =)
Kailyn turned 5. She got SO EXCITED about every gift that she opened! That's my kind of girl!! =)
Brody had the best time! Jana and Megan were good at making him smile and laugh!
He was just starting to get used to walking outside, so I (nervously) let him walk around. I could just imagine those cute little knees all scratched up! =( Fortunately, he did very well, and was so excited to be able to explore freely on his own. He found this little bike...never mind that it's pink, right?? =)
He was definitely all smiles most of the party!
And he LOVED Jensen's beard!!
Look at me go, Momma!!!! I LOVE to walk!!! =)
After the party, he was SOUND ASLEEP! (perfect for Mommy--no fighting over naptime!)
With all the teething going on, this drool on the chin is a common sight!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/4/09
He got these new blocks for his birthday and he LOVES them! They are "legos" but they have the "Little People" farm animals, tractor, and farmer. PERFECT for him! Thanks, Lesha (& Evan/Britton!)
He also got the cute shoes from Megan (& Jacob) for his brithday...they were so cute with this outfit!
We liked to play "peek-a-boo" with Mommy right before bedtime...he loved it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/5/09
"where's Brody??"
"There he is!!!"
My little smilin' farmer!
~~~~~~~~~~~
10/6/09

Hangers are so much fun!
We went to the "Red River Revel" art show and he was SO HOT! It was one of the most humid days we had in a while!! Poor thing! He was a trooper though...he did so well just strolling around looking at the booths with Mommy, Jamie, Elizabeth, and Mrs. Denise.

Here he is in the kid-sized Brookshire's grocery store. Next year he will be able to go shopping for his OWN grocery list instead of just watching Livi and Caroline do theirs...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/7/09
at Gymboree with Tori Mac
Mikey had such a blast pulling him around, and as you can see, Brody liked it, too (I think!)
Helping Daddy blow out his candles for his 30th birthday (was on the 6th, but he had to work...)
cute family picture for Daddy's birthday!
the BIRTHDAY BOY! We love you so much, honey!!! Welcome to a new decade...it's not so bad! =)
Brody loved eating some of Daddy's cake, too! (He had lots of practice just a couple weeks before!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/8/09
I love how much Brody laughs and smiles! His face just lights up ANY room!!!!
Sweet baby boy....
He still loves to read, but after getting so many gifts for his birthday, he plays with them for the most part...
How cute is he??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/9/09
Mommy gave in and let Brody have a Twizzler or two since he loved them so much at his party...
~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/10/09
Love the shirt... "Happy Camper"
~~~~~~~~~~~
10/11/09
Such a big helper (both Daddy AND Brody!)...Brody loves the dishwasher. He walks to it every time he hears it open!
I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the door, Buddy. No need for a fix-it job today! Thanks, though. =)
Just one of the many reasons I love my husband...
~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/12/09
I can't get enough of this picture and the next.... gosh, I can just love on those cheeks ALL DAY!!
Hi!
Uh oh! He discovered the toilet paper roll!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/13/09
One of my favorite times is watching these two play together.
See what I mean? It's SO SWEET!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/14/09
Just thought he looked handsome in this outfit... =) Notice he was still able to wear shorts in October. I love Louisiana weather!
He loves the rain, and will watch it rain while he sits at the window. Good thing he likes rain. I'm pretty sure we had a record for the number of days it rained in October this year!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/15/09
This blanket is by far his favorite possession (however, there are many others in a close second...).
He walks with it all over! And, it helps a LOT when I need to calm him down after an injury.
He loves it so much that he has a full size one for his bed, and another one that I cut into 3 pieces--one half and then two fourths. That way, there are 2 smaller pieces for on-the-go or for carrying around the house.
Being outside is one of his favorite places to be, so looking out the glass front door is perfect! This and the kitchen window are great spots for him!
Can you see all the slobber on the glass?? It's hard to keep clean with a toddler!
I love his "I just woke up" look! So sweet!! He loves his Pooh Bear, too...he hugs it and kisses it and always has a smile for it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/16/09
This is at Gymboree the day he got the huge goose egg from hitting the wooden slide...as you can see, that didn't stop him from enjoying himself! He loves the bubbles!!
=)
One of the first times I was able to catch a picture of him standing in his bed...he started doing it a couple days before this. I guess it's harder to stand in bed than on the hard floor....
We love to play on the floor together!
Daddy's home!!!!!
Guess I better put him in a head-lock for working so late! =)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/17/09
OU-Texas game...we won't talk about the score. =)
I looked over at one point during the day, and he had crawled up on the couch and was sitting so nicely just playing with his monitor! What a cutie!!!!
There's almost always a puzzle piece, a block of some kind, or an animal in his hand....
I think it's so funny how he grabs his tummy when he walks! =)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/18/09
~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/19/09
Such a big boy sitting in his rocking chair....
Look, Mom! This is fun!
This was the day we went to the pumpkin patch (well, ONE of the times we went to the pumpkin patch...). It's rare to see him crawling like this anymore!
He finally learned how hard he needed to push Gloworm's tummy to make it work! YAY!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/20/09
It's SO CUTE to watch Brody wake Dave up from naps! Brody gets SO EXCITED to jump on his daddy!!
We really enjoy taking walks...no matter what time of day. EVEN, early in the morning before we have changed Brody out of his pj's... =) This was one of the first days it got chilly down here. Nothing like a mildly crisp fall day! =)
Love this picture I took on my phone of these two...it was my phone's screen saver for a while!
At Arts on Fire getting his footprints painted for tiles...we did it about 3-4 times during his first year to show how big his feet were getting.
My dad came to town to have dinner with us at Red Lobster this particular evening. Brody did SO WELL while we ate, and even better in the parking lot while we stood around and chatted before Dad left. I was so proud of him (and a bit surprised that he didn't fuss even once!).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/21/09
He loves the rocking boat these days...he gets into it, rocks a little, then tries to climb under the middle bars, then gets back out and starts the process all over again. so funny! =)
Mikey LOVES playing with Brody at Gymboree!
Brody and Tori have fun, too!
It was so funny because this particular day Brody climbed up in Lora's lap and just sat there for a while...very unlike him to sit still for so long at Gymboree, and ESPECIALLY in someone else's lap! =)
What a cutie! Having fun playing "Freeze!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/22/09
More Gymboree time....can you tell we love this place?
I was proud of him for walking across this bridge!! He looks so fearless.
Those shaker things the kids have are the ENVY of all the kids there...they fight over them and throw fits when they don't get them. Brody is one of the worst. =) They all immediately throw themselves at the "busy box" as soon as it's put down to be one of the 3 kids who gets one....
How cute are these two pictures???
After Gymboree we went grocery shopping...Brody was obviously pretty comfie lounging in the cart and eating his raisins.... =) Mikey rode underneath our cart so he could be close to Brody. =)
~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/23/09
Peek-a-Boo!
More window time....must be raining again....
He was in such a smiley mood this day!!
Gotta have that block in his hand....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/24/09
My two favorite boys hanging out...
He goes from this....
....to THIS in a matter of seconds these days!! People always say "he's so happy all the time, isn't he?" Well, he's either REALLY happy, or REALLY mad (ok, I will throw "whiny" in there, too, because he is that a lot lately as well....). But, yes, usually he is happy, and we are SO GRATEFUL!
#1 I love how his feet are crossed
#2 This is a common position for him while he eats...he's done it since he was 6 months old for some reason. Doesn't look comfie, but I guess it is!
These pictures are all ways he tells me he doesn't want what I am feeding him, or that he's done eating...he's getting pickier and pickier which I am saddened by. He used to be the BEST eater when it came to solids! =(
I took him to the park to play with Livi and Caroline. He had the best time walking around on his own. I believe this is the first time he was able to walk around on his own. We hadn't been to the park for a while before this....
The girls had fun with him and tried to hold hands with him. It was a great idea, but "baby Brody" wanted nothing to do with it. =)
Livi loved pushing him on the swing.....and she did a good job at it!
One of my favorite pics.....
Livi and Caroline
I guess they ALL digressed back to crawling! =)
~~~~~~~~~~~
10/25/09
Time for church in his "oh so handsome" outfit!!
After church, he found his favorite spot and started squealing in excitement and throwing himself at the big pillow in the children's area!
His friends joined him and they all had the best time! This is a usual spot for them these days....Tori and Mikey are with him in this picture.
What Mikey does, Brody does...
Going back and forth from one pillow to the other...
I love this game, Mom!!
Livi joined them...
Playing peek-a-boo while Daddy was on the phone with his parents.
He apparently liked the "Parent Life" magazine...
~~~~~~~~~~~
10/26/09
Ah! BUBBLES!!
Brody LOVES the laundry pile!!! I often bring it out of the dryer and throw it in the floor to fold (it's much easier that way because I can sit in there with Brody while he plays and there is more space to put it once it's folded...it works for us.). When I do, Brody falls into it and goes "ahhhh". Wonder where he learned that from?? =) I definitely can't blame him for liking the warm laundry pile! (oh, and he enjoys playing without clothes, too, like most young kids...)
Starting to drink more from his sippy cup! yay! This is the "sports bottle" kind, and it's one of the few he will drink from (we have only tried about 10 different kinds...........). Water is his favorite thing to drink from them.
more blocks....
Ever since he was only a few weeks old, he has been able to climb up my stomach and chest (especially when he was mad when he was younger...). He has quite the leg strength!
Now he just does it for fun......
~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/27/09
He's starting to come and hang out by me more often just to "chill". I love it! I guess some would call it being a little "clingy" at times, but when you have a "Mr. Independent" for a child, you take what you can get!!!! =) His TV program was still on from when he was drinking his bottle, so I was letting him finish watching the episode.
LOVE these pj's from my grandma!! SO CUTE!
Landyn (one of Brody's first friends from Gymboree) and Brody. This is one of the few pictures I have of them both looking at the camera at the same time! =)
It was Landyn's first birthday this particular day! (You can see he got one of the shakers....lol!)
It's so funny that out of ALL the things at Gymboree, one of Brody's favorite activities is to carry around the balls....some days he will carry one almost the entire class!
How sweet is this picture??
Another one where they are both looking at the camera...Landyn's mom, Katy, and I try often to get them, but they are both so fast! =)
Such a sweetie!
Do you see anything wrong with this picture?? Yes, he had not only spilled water all over him, but had also wet his pants! AND, we were at the store when all that happened! Oops! =)
I never get tired of sleeping baby pics!
That night we played at Diana's for a bit...she has FUN toys! =)
Maracas are a HUGE hit for him at Gymboree, and Diana had some that he played with a lot while he was there! Anything that he can shake that makes noise is a BIG hit!
Diana is so funny!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/28/09
(BIG DAY!)
I took Brody to the fair for the first time with my friend, Bethany, and her little boy, Ian. Brody enjoyed seeing the animals (of course...). It was FREE to get in, and I only spent $2 on water and $1 on carrots to feed the giraffe! Not bad for the State Fair!
Zebra
Llama
Lots of smiles for the animals!
Brody loved watching me feed the giraffes!! It's so funny how they wrap their entire tongue around the carrot to grab it!
Look at that big smile!!
Ian and Bethany
I let him get out and walk around a little by the pig...you can see he liked him. =) There were also wallabies in the cage next to the pig that he liked.
This didn't last long before he took off and I had to put him back in the stroller. Yes, he threw a fit!
3 1/2 month old Ian did so well! We were watching an acrobat show and he was just chilling while Brody was squirming around everywhere in my arms! It seems SO LONG ago that Brody was ever that calm! =) I love having my active baby though...makes life fun!!
Brody is ALL ABOUT PICTURES these days! I had this picture of our family on the hearth for a couple days while I found a place to put it, and he came over often to look at it, say "da" (for Mommy, Daddy, and Brody), or touch it....
Look, Mom, balls!
I found out he liked spiders this particular day....Charlotte (from Charlotte's Web) was living outside our door for about a week and a half. We came out to visit her often. =) (I couldn't bring myself to kill the HUGE spider since she was making huge webs and catching all the mosquitos.....)
The Halloween Party at Gymboree was this night... Brody's skunk costume was the hit of the party! I mean, I thought he was a cute little stinker, but I'm his mom! =)
Landyn...an adorable pumpkin...
ALMOST looking at the camera....
Bennett...another of Brody's first Gymboree friends.
Livi--a pretty ballerina
and Caroline, her BFF, also a princes...
Look at all those kids during parachute time! I know it's been a month or so since Brody has been standing during parachute time, but it STILL is amazing to me that he is finally able to stand like all the older kids. I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching Brody grow and develop! He amazes me everyday! (and GOD amazes me everyday!!!!)
How cute is this???
DADDY CAME!!!!!! YAY!!!!!
LOVE this picture of Brody and I! Thanks, Jamie!!!
I love the height difference here...
Landyn, Katy, me, Brody...
Our little family!
Brody learned to start running this particular day....yay!!!! =) He learns a LOT at Gymboree....maybe it's because we are there so much!
=)
I was SO SURPRISED that he kept his hood on the ENTIRE party and didn't mess with it once! Look how sweaty he is!!! Poor thing....he's probably going to be hot natured like his daddy...
After the Halloween party, we went to the Pumpkin Shine at a local park. None of us had ever been, so it was a neat experience. It's a HUGE park and it was FILLED with people. Took quite a while to get around it and see all the pumpkins that the local school children had designed. Needless to say, it was a pretty late night getting home, but we all had fun, and Brody did a great job considering all the waiting around....
Trying to keep him entertained... =)
All the displays were made with pumpkins of all sizes. Here is a class display and all the owls are made of pumpkins.
Pretty clever....or so I thought until I saw about 3-4 "big macs" made of pumpkins. I guess this was one of the better ones because it won a prize.
There were literally hundreds of pumpkins, but since there were so many people, I just picked a pretty good display towards the end (when most people had left) to get a picture of Brody by.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/29/09
From happy to mad almost instantly! He's teething these days, so I can't blame him for not feeling so well......
There was LOTS of really bad weather this day...you can see the radar map on the TV. Brody is oblivious of all the tornadoes that are around our area. The books are much more entertaining...I can't blame him! Dave actually had a tornado go RIGHT OVER his dealership while he was at work!!!! THANK YOU, GOD, for keeping him safe because there was lots of damage all around his work! The best part was that he got to come home early because there was no power. YAY for family time! (and for having Dave home so we felt safer!!!)
We spent time in the bathtub (Brody's first experience for that, and my first experience in this house...) while all the bad weather was in our area. Brody munched on beef hot dogs and cheese. Cheese is BY FAR one of his favorite foods (that and yogurt!).
Playtime with a bored and tired Daddy....
Why are we in here again??????
Time to go out and watch the rain! (This is one of our favorite things to do...we LOVE our front porch!!!)
You can see how the water is already starting to flood the streets...this was taken during a flash of lightning as it was REALLY dark out. There was LOTS of lightning that night!!!
Thank goodness for the lightning though or I wouldn't have gotten all these shots of the flooded streets....
still night time...you can see how far up the water is getting though.
That car was flooded out and had to be pushed to the driveway to sit overnight until the owners could come get it the next day...
look how high the water was!! This is the 2nd time this has happened at our house. The last time MY car got flooded....
The huge LAKE that was in front of our house when we went to bed.....
Here are some pictures that Dave took on his phone of some of the damage at his dealership after the tornado went overhead... This Avalanche flipped over onto it's roof.......
The townhomes across the street caught on fire and IMMEDIATELY caused this huge blaze....
The dealership next door had a billboard that almost blew over!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/30/09
Since Daddy was off work again because of no power (YAY!! Usually he would still have to go in, but another manager told him not to worry about it since there would be nothing to do. I was SO GLAD!!!!), we took Brody back to the fair. Again, it was FREE, and since there was not much to do (no shows, etc) because of the rain the day before, we mostly just walked around and looked at the animals. Brody was in a very mellow mood, but he had fun.
Love this pic of us!
So, Dave got taken by the carnies! I NEVER in a million years would have thought he'd get scammed out of $40 (we actually only paid $20 because that's all he had on him....THANKFULLY!) so QUICKLY! Dave is usually very smart about the games at fairs, but for some reason he believed the guy that it would only be $5 to win a big dog for Brody....RIGHT! =) He felt so bad afterwards because he thought he wasted his money on this toy. Oh well! You live and learn (and learn he will!!!!). Brody enjoyed his new dog though! =)
Depressed Dave walking away from the balloon game that tricked him!
Tigers are Dave's favorite animal, so we stood and looked at them pacing the cage for a while. There were 5 of them, but these were our favorites...
This dog made Brody's day. He was the nicest dog....
You can see Brody liked him! =)
How COOL is this shot???? It was just a random shot that actually turned out VERY well!!! The dog kept harrassing the tiger, and the tiger had had enough! =) Thank goodness for that fence or Brody would have been scarred for life watching the dog being torn to pieces!
Dave actually fed the pig! I was shocked! (I fed the goats, but that's not as shocking. WELL, maybe it is...nothing like having goat slobber all over an OCD person's hands....lol!)
LOVE THIS PICTURE! Another of my favorites!
Dave's all-time favorite fair food...funnel cake. We both love it, but it makes my tummy hurt afterwards, so I try to only eat just a tiny bit of it....
My all-time favorite fair food: jumbo corn dogs! They are so good....I could eat about 3 of them! Seriously.....
Brody tried funnel cake for the first time.
And liked it. Uh oh. We have competition.... =)
Brody and his big prize! He had so much fun with it on our way home!
What a cutie!
The boys played in the floor later. I will NEVER get tired of watching these two play together!!!
He found his snacks in his backpack..... =)
~~~~~~~~~~~~
10/31/09
He's so funny when he walks around with his sippy cups/bottles! =) Especially when he is naked!
Me and my baby boy!
I will NEVER get tired of this smile, either!!!!!!! =)
He loves his kitty!!!
This was his first time walking to the car with me. Now that he is getting more stable in his walking, I felt a little more comfie letting him walk on the concrete because I was pretty sure he wouldn't fall. (I guess I'm a LITTLE overprotective, but only on things like that when I know his history of falls....I've seriously come a LONG way on what I am loosening up on. I am so proud of myself!)
I love how he is walking next to me...this picture is one of my favorite action shots...love the chicken in his hand, too! =)
Brody got to ride around in his new "car" this particular day!!! I got it at a rummage sale for only $7. It's gently used, but well worth the money! We have already gotten a LOT of use out of it!!! =) He loves it!
Hands at 10 and 2...well almost. =) He's just learning, so I guess I will give him a small break....
LOVE this pic I took on my phone!!!! Can't believe how well it turned out!!
This hood is cool!
I'm talented...I can even stand up in this thing! =)
AND, I can even get out of it on my OWN!
Time to inspect...
.....and push it around the porch!
I'm so amazed how fast he is growing! He can now look IN the planter! Seems like yesterday he couldn't even get his hand in it! =)
For Halloween, I took Brody to my friend Megan's house. Brody had the best time running and walking around their yard before he got in his costume!
Megan was sweet and got out Jacob's blocks for Brody to play with. He was content with this for a little bit...
He chased around her mother-in-law's dog for much of the time we were outside. Thankfully Bailey was very gentle and didn't mind being pulled at and chased! =) I wish I'd had my camera to get pictures of him actually petting Bailey. Oh well, you can see his big smile in this one!
Ready to go trick or treating!
His new car was PERFECT for this!!!! Last year, he slept most of the time, so it was fun watching him get excited and actually participate this year! =) Also, in my link, you will notice little Mattie in this same skunk costume LAST YEAR. I bought it from her momma for $1! =) What a deal...especially for such an adorable outfit! Thanks, Katrina!!
TRICK-OR-TREAT!
Brody even got his own candy at several of the houses!!! =) Such a big boy!!
Cute Jacob as Batman
Isn't this fun????
I was shocked that Brody got so tired he even laid his head on the steering wheel a few times....SO not like him!!! We DID trick-or-treat for a while, but he's such an active little boy! He did EXCELLENT in his car though. He didn't try to get out even once!!!! WOW! He must really love it!
Some of the homeowners really liked him and made him smile! =)
Brody met another little skunk along the way. And, of course both sets of parents needed pictures. He also had his picture taken with another little baby whose mom couldn't get over the fact that he was a skunk. Funny.
He liked to chew on his goodies on the ride between houses....
Brody and all his loot!
Daddy was finally able to come by....as we were about to leave. Glad he was able to make it for a little bit though. Love this picture of the two of them!
My happy little stinker!!
Family picture...the smoke from the fire is giving it a nice "hazed" look. =)
Brody was ready to go!
That's a LOT of candy for such a small little boy! Guess his parents will have to eat some of it....that's a shame!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I told you that was going to be a LONG post! =) BUT, you got to see the month of October in a nutshell. Just keep in mind I take HUNDREDS of pictures of Brody a week (literally...yes, I am obsessed with pictures and making memories...), so it's hard for me to scale back on what I post sometimes. It also takes a while to go through all the pictures I have take and find my "favorites", so that's why my posting is getting so scarce these days... I will try to get better, but can't promise that. I love playing with Brody during the day, and when I'm not doing that, there's always chores to do. So my time on the blog is very limited, especially if I want any free time with Dave in the evenings after Brody is in bed. Thanks for your understanding, and I hope you enjoyed this post! Sorry for taking up your whole day! =)














































































































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment