Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner

After all three boys (including Dave and Jerry...) had their naps and Josiah played on the computer, we got ready to eat.  Brody woke up in a pretty fussy and whiny mood and was that way for about 30 or more minutes.  Guess he wasn't feeling so well.  We went ahead and started the meal, and just hoped for the best....


 

Mary looked so cute holding the beautiful flowers Dave's sister, Mary Catherine, sent us for Thanksgiving.  She looked like the Statue of Liberty! =)


Our Thanksgiving table...


Our family....I'm SO, SO thankful for both of these guys!!!


Our spread....MMM!  This was the first year we added homemade mashed sweet potatoes to the mix...they turned out to be delicious!!  Oh, and I have to thank my mom for making almost all of this.  I helped with the turkey and that's about it...  Mary helped some, too, I think.  Thank you to both of you for all your hard work!  Everything was SOOOO YUMMY!!!


Our guests....part 1.


Our guests...part 2.  Brody is like, "Mom, seriously?? MORE pictures?? Enough already!"


Brody's plate of food.  EVENTUALLY he ate most of this...or at least tried it.


I was surprised when Brody started eating some of the mac and cheese since he was so fussy, and has been pretty picky lately...

  
...but then, he got fussy as expected and refused to eat anymore.  Dave and I just decided to let him play while we finished eating.


He enjoyed playing more than eating at this point....

  
Two of his favorite kitchen toys.  He dances to the music and has to have them constantly playing while in the kitchen!  So funny!


While we finished our plates (did I mention how YUMMY it all was????)...


....Brody decided he wanted to try a roll while he played.


Must have perked up his mood!


Because then he thought he might like to try some of the sweet potatoes.


Hmmm....this GIANT handful looks perfect!


Yep!  Just like I expected!  Good thing Mommy is here to help with the clean up!


Time for more!


My VERY messy, but happy little turkey!


All done! (in sign language...)


This was after we both got cleaned up, because, YES, a bath was in order for a certain little red-headed boy!  =)

Brody ended up trying all food on his plate (as mentioned), but seemed to like the sweet potatoes (obviously), the mac and cheese, the turkey, and surprisingly the dressing the best.  (He ate more of those that the other items, but MORE is a bit misleading...we have a little bird in our house when it comes to eating, and his name starts with "B".....) =)

No comments: