Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Funny Valentine

Valentine's Day this year was MUCH more enjoyable than last year!!! For starters, it was on a Sunday, so all three of us got to enjoy the entire day together. Not having a terrifying trip to the ER also helped. We had a fun filled day this year and I'm so thankful for BOTH of my Valentines!!!


I seriously love his "I just woke up" look! Adorable!


We made pink pancakes for breakfast and Brody really enjoyed helping!






Mommy and her amazing helper!


Daddy got in on the action, too! Stirring is more his thing...my arms get too tired. LOL!




Daddy set the table while Brody and I finished up the pancakes.


Yummy!














I was very surprised that he ate them...he hasn't eaten much "bread" products the last couple months, but he was totally into these!! Must be a turning point! =) As you can see, he really didn't even touch his bananas which he loves usually.


Valentine's card from my mom.


Brody opening his card from Grandma (my mom).


Must say something sweet since he is all smiles! =)


Opening the card from GG. (my grandma)



He LOVED it because it was a musical one....he kept opening it and closing it and saying "cool!"










Both of his Valentines...


All our Valentine's goodies... I was so impressed that Dave even got Brody a card and a bear! =)


Brody dove right into his new Karen Katz books. His favorite author right now by far. I think we now have 7-8 of her books...




Then, he saw the dog and wanted it opened...


About to discover something WONDERFUL....


CHOCOLATE! MMMMM!!!




Brody's card from us...Dave did a good job picking it out! =)


It had a "fog"on it...(frog)


You can see he liked the chocolate! It wasn't his first time to eat it, but he certainly didn't enjoy it as much the last time as he did this time! =) I think the fillings made it even better!






From my Valentine... Yummy raspberry chocolates!!! =) (and a VERY sweet card!! My favorite...)


Reading the cards is always a huge production at our house. Dave makes it into one. =) I would just assume read it quietly to myself, but he insists that I read all cards outloud. Guess it DOES make it a little more meaningful...


Thanks, Honey! I LOVE YOU!!!!!


He's still BIG TIME into animals, so he loved his new animal book! There were a couple in there that he doesn't know yet, so that's perfect!


Dave's goodies from his Valentine. (me.) Peanut butter cups, marshmallow cream heart, and a card.

I told you it was a big production. He's much more dramatic with his readings... =)




Brody is still enjoying his chocolate!!


Our funny little Valentine! Don't you just love the chocolates spread out all over our nice carpet???? Fortunately it didn't stain! ;-)




Eating the wrapper and all!

YUCK! He tried eating about FOUR of MY hearts with the foil still on...what a waste! LOL! =) Good thing I love him and he's cute!!


By the end of the morning, here's the damage he did to the chocolate. He was on a sugar high! =)


Bath time after all that messy melted yummy-ness!


Counting the cups...and pointing to them as we spell his name....and naming the colors. We love bath time learning! =)


Time for church with our little Valentine!


Dave and I are so grateful every day for Mr. Brody Man! He's the light of our lives and makes each day so much fun!! Thank you, God, for Brody and Dave, and for a MUCH better Valentine's Day this year! =)



These are Brody's first Valentines from his friend and teacher....so sweet!

Here are a couple videos of Brody today.

Enjoying his card from GG.
34 sec.


Counting his candy...if you listen closely at the beginning you can hear him saying "three". Today was the first day he counted to three (twice...) and Dave caught the end of it on video. So proud of Little Buddy!
32 sec.

No comments: