I have heard so many awesome things about Mrs. Ruth at our church. She is THE Bible lady in the preschool that is known for helping kids memorize scriputres, etc. even at an early age. I knew she went to Brody's class to teach him Bible verses, Bible songs, books of the Bible, and how to use a Bible, but I had never gotten to experience it in person--mostly because I knew if I went in that Brody wouldn't listen or pay attention. Today our church service let out early, and Mrs. Ruth was just getting started on her lesson. I hesitated on staying, but as soon as Brody saw me it was over. I had to stay or else he would keep crying "Mommy, Mommy"... So, Dave and I tried to sit to the side and watch Mrs. Ruth teach our son even more about the Bible.
Soon, he came over bringing his Bibles (he can say "Bible" ("Bi-buhl") and knows his Bible at home is different than any other books).
Then sat in my lap awhile eating some cookies ("cook-ee") from Mr. Cookie Man (Mrs. Ruth's husband).
After a few minutes he went back to listen some more....
Mrs. Ruth is trying to show them how to open their Bibles and find a book/verse in it. Impressive! She repeated a couple Bible verses they have been working on and showed them where they were found in the Bible. After that she said the first four books of the New Testament like she has been doing for a couple weeks: Matthew Mark, Luke, and John. Tonight as we were saying our prayers, Dave said "Matthew..." and Brody immediately piped in saying "Mawk" (Mark). I almost fell on the floor! Mrs. Ruth really IS helping them learn!! I love our church and am SO GRATEFUL for the preschool and children's programs!!!
Helping put the Bibles away...
Singing some Bible songs to them.
Hanging out with Mommy the last part of the class while we sang.











No comments:
Post a Comment