Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Throw Me Somethin' Mister!


After a wonderful date with my Valentine tonight (Jana volunteered to watch Brody while Dave and I went to the movies and saw "Valentine's Day"--it actually turned out to be pretty good...), we met up with Jana, Brody, and Jana's family at the Boardwalk for Brody's first Mardi Gras parade! It was the "Children's Parade" for Fat Tuesday. We had never been to this one, so it was interesting seeing something new.

When we arrived, Brody was ready to see me (and Dave I suppose...though he didn't let on.). It was COLD so I'm glad we sent along his coat despite the warmer temps earlier today!



I have a feeling that Brody is going to have so much "junk" from fairs, carnivals, zoos, and parades because it seems as if Dave can't say "no" to his little buddy! At one point, I turned around and Dave was purchasing Brody his very first light saber! LOL!

Let the fun begin! =)

I put Brody down thinking he might go to the fence and stand by Mason, but he just wanted me to hold him.

Me and my very sweet and generous friend, Jana! I am SURE gonna miss her when she moves soon!!!!! =(

"The Exterminators" (on A&E, I think...they are from right here in this area) made an appearance at the parade. Dave was excited because he's a fan of the show, and he helped sell them the trucks they are driving. =)


Kailyn enjoying Brody's new toy after he put it down....he was only interested for about 2 minutes!

The floats at the parade here are way over the top (in my opinion) in some instances. The ones at this parade were not as elaborate as ones I have seen, but I am impressed with all the work and creativity that goes into designing and making them! I've included a couple pictures of just a few of the floats.

Because of all the yelling, screaming, jumping, and bead/toy throwing, Brody was OVER IT! He hated the parade and cried almost the whole time. Dave and I were not surprised. I had to walk him around for much of it so he wasn't so terrified.


All Dave wanted were some plastic cups. He only got one. Maybe next year, Honey! =)





Mason and Kailyn with all their beads. The throwers weren't very generous with our part of the parade route. Usually there are so many beads and toys that you have difficulty carrying them all. Oh well!

Brody with his goodies...


Trying to put on his "bees" (beads).


No comments: